Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulaney [FOX] **SPOILERS**

Options
  • 08-10-2014 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭

Had some time last night to catch up on new shows so tried out the pilot for this one. Very Seinfeld-esque in form I thought. By that I mean bit of standup at the start from Mulaney, the show with a bunch of wacky friends and then a bit of standup at the end.

Very unsure about this show. It felt for the first 10 minutes like I was sitting through a re-enactment of a comedy sketch "And what's the story with Doctor's offices? I mean, you want Xanax but you can't just ask for it, you gotta fake something else first...".

I didn't really laugh. The pot dealer guy was annoying. I was surprised to see "A Lorne Michaels Production" at the end given how good 30 Rock was (for a time anyway). I don't think this will ever reach that level of entertainment. OK, so Irish humor is quite different from US standup so I accept I'm probably not the target audience but I don't see this lasting. I might be wrong. It comes across as just a bit contrived. Will give it a few more episodes to see if it settles down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SligoQueries

It's complete crap, got a horrible rating, and will be cancelled. The end.

Advertisement