Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Z1 Compact or Nexus 5 32gb

Options
  • 08-10-2014 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

I have a Galaxy S4 that I'm just not loving - plus it has a smashed screen ! been doing a bit of research and these 2 keep coming up. Both are around the same price - I've already got a 32gb card so the extra storage in the Nexus isn't really an issue. The Nexus is about as big as I want to go - I had a Note 2 and it's just a bit too impractical for me. Any opinions? any other reccomendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The Nexus is due a price drop soon, I'd wait to see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

really? a new model coming out? how would the compare against each other - performance wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The Z3 compact is out now too, same size as the Z1c but with a 4.6 inch screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

kingaaa wrote: »
    really? a new model coming out? how would the compare against each other - performance wise?

There's an announcement due soon, in about a week I think.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobile-phones/1401599/nexus-6-x-release-date-specs-rumours-new-photos-leak

When Google dropped the price of the Nexus 4 they also offered rebates to people that purchased one just before the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

For what it's worth, I have a Z1 Compact and I love it. I'm a big fan of Sony phones going back years and this was pretty much the most powerful thing I could find without the ridiculously large screens that are popular at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

EGriff wrote: »
    The Z3 compact is out now too, same size as the Z1c but with a 4.6 inch screen.

looks nice but out of my price range.....

Advertisement