Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life After Beth

Options
  • 07-10-2014 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Its erm.... like the concept isn't good enough to sustain the movie for the hour and a half run time, but the majority of the cast totally sells it to make it a pretty funny movie. Needed more Anna Kendrick, but Aubrey Plaza and John.C Reilly totally sell it, Matthew Grey Grubler isn't bad either. Dane DeHaan is arguably one of the worst actors I've ever seen. Hope I never see him in anything again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cloud493 wrote: »

Its erm.... like the concept isn't good enough to sustain the movie for the hour and a half run time, but the majority of the cast totally sells it to make it a pretty funny movie. Needed more Anna Kendrick, but Aubrey Plaza and John.C Reilly totally sell it, Matthew Grey Grubler isn't bad either. Dane DeHaan is arguably one of the worst actors I've ever seen. Hope I never see him in anything again.

Really?

Reminds me of Warm Bodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yeah. Well at least, off the top of my head. Maybe its just the roles he's given, but he's dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Dane DeHaan is great, he has great performances in Lawless and the place beyond the pines from what i can recall. Chronicle is also entertaining, I've never had a bad word to say about him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

nix wrote: »
    Dane DeHaan is great, he has great performances in Lawless and the place beyond the pines from what i can recall. Chronicle is also entertaining, I've never had a bad word to say about him..
    Agreed, he's also one of the only redeeming elements of The Amaz(zzzzzz)ing Spider-Man 2.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Caught this last night and enjoyed it a great deal. I thought it was much better than Warm Bodies chiefly due to stronger jokes and dialogue ("Ohmigod, are you f*cking your scarf?!" :D). It's slanted more to the comedy than horror side, with the scenario generally played for laughs though still having consequences.

In terms of tone it reminded me of Shaun of the Dead, Detention, Rapturepalooza and Zombieland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement