Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bresser Skylux NG Telescope

Options
  • 07-10-2014 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

Hello folks.

I saw this 'Bresser Skylux NG' d=70mm/f=700mm telescope in a charity shop selling for €15 so I purchased it. It is in perfect working order, as new, but it was missing the eyepieces.

Can you forward me some information on good quality eyepieces and prices that will do the job for this particular telescope.

I would be looking for 35x-262x eyepieces, Thanks.

I'm a bit rusty at the telescopes now as it's a long time since I used a telescope, but for €15 euro and if I can sort this eyepiece thing out I'll be getting back into it.

From what I heard, this is a decent starter telescope. :)

I'd say the price goes up though with the better eyepieces.

TelescopeEyepieces_zpsebc22fb2.jpg~original

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

sThe scope takes 1.25" eyepieces so thats handy, they are easy to purchase and far better than the .925" - Personally I would stay in the low powered eyepieces since the scope has no tracking (or not motorized anyway) - anywhere from 16mm to 50mm. Anything more powerful will be difficult to operate - get a barlow to higher the power of eyepieces, probably a better option.

Here is an example of what you can expect at 20mm for the moon : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a7XYat1xSw

Personally I have a set of Celestron E-Lux and the little I have use them they are very good quality.

2 Irish shops that sells eyepieces are Ktec and Scope and Space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Thanks very much for the information ZeRoY I'll look into this so. Cheers.

I could only manage to purchase the Cheap 'H' eyepieces at this time because of budgeting, but they are not too bad for starting off. H20mm/H12.5mm/H8mm and H4mm. Low quality eyepieces indeed, but I will be purchasing a barlow lens and two Plossl eyepieces soon.

I had a spare 1080-30p handheld video camera handy, so I thought it might be a good idea to connect it to the telescope for recordings. It works, but the low quality eye-pieces show a slight blur on the edge.

Here's the video camera set-up, and Jupiter and the moon... click 1080p.

Some night-vision as well...

The best moon-shots I got so far with this Samsung HD 10MP's pocket video-camera on 720/60p is this.. below... /using a low quality H4mm eye-piece.

Camera used: Samsung pocket camera - f=7.9mm f:3.0

I'd love to know the full specification of telescope/video-camera and eye-pieces this guy is using. Computer controlled obviously, with some serious spec video-camera. A very stable set-up for sure...

I'm not sure on the video below regarding it's title, but that's a nice computer-controlled astronomy set-up though, real smooth scanning of the surface of the moon.

Advertisement