Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert History Project help.

Options
  • 07-10-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm just wondering if I were do to my 1500 word History Project on "The politcal career of Robespierre" would that topic be too broad? If so, what in relation to Robespierres life would be a topic I could write about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Marcus134 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if I were do to my 1500 word History Project on "The politcal career of Robespierre" would that topic be too broad? If so, what in relation to Robespierres life would be a topic I could write about?

Robespierre is a key personalty and not suitable as a topic. If you pick some specific aspect of his life or some particular event it may be suitable. Ask your teacher for advice on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marcus134

Do you know of any aspect of his life that would contain a sufficient amount of information for the essay?

There are many possibilities related to the Franchise Revolution e.g.

The Role of the Jacobin Club

The Champ de Mars Massacre

The September Massacres

Execution of Louis XVI

The Cult of the Supreme Being

The visions of Catherine Theot

There are potentially hundreds of topics related to the French Revolution. When you are picking a topic try and pose it as a question for you to answer. Try and keep the the focus of the topic as narrow as possible to reduce the amount of research you will need to and make it easier to write.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Robespierre is a key personalty and not suitable as a topic. If you pick some specific aspect of his life or some particular event it may be suitable. Ask your teacher for advice on this.

Which topic is he a key personality in?

Which topic is he a key personality in?

Early Modern Europe

'Empires in Revolution' 1775-1815

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Marcus134

Well I had already gotten the books that are on Robespierre, would the Fall of Robespierre and his Death be acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Early Modern Europe

'Empires in Revolution' 1775-1815

Once you do the later topics, I don't think that rule applies? I don't think the examiners are that strict.
    Marcus134 wrote: »
    Well I had already gotten the books that are on Robespierre, would the Fall of Robespierre and his Death be acceptable?

In my opinion yes. Once you're not studying the said Early Modern topic, then it should be fine.

It would be different if your topic was on Mussolini and you answered a question on Mussolini on exam day.

But check with your teacher to make sure.

Advertisement