Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caught short

Options
  • 07-10-2014 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭

Was on holiday a few years ago. Out foreign in one of those foreign countries. You know the type, sun, sea and suspect food. Walking back to the hotel one night and my guts made a noise that wouldn't have been out of place at an abbatoir.
    I knew I was in trouble and only had seconds before an involuntary evacuation became a reality. I ran down a side street, crouched behind a car and allowed nature to take it's course.
    Unfortunately I was on a hill and a river of brown watery sh*t started flowing down towards a group of people sat outside a restaurant. Now I was against the clock. I had to get everything out before it reached them so I could go off whistling like a man who had got away with it .
    I just made it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

my gawd...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

Was on holiday a few years ago. Out foreign in one of those foreign countries. You know the type, sun, sea and suspect food. Walking back to the hotel one night and my guys made a noise that wouldn't have been out of place at an abbatoir.
    I knew I was in trouble and only had seconds before an involuntary evacuation became a reality. I ran down a side street, crouched behind a car and allowed nature to take it's course.
    Unfortunately I was on a hill and a river of brown watery sh*t started flowing down towards a group of people sat outside a restaurant. Now I was against the clock. I had to get everything out before it reached them so I could go off whistling like a man who had got away with it .
    I just made it.

Thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭blue note

I can't stop laughing at the thought of people enjoying some outdoor dining, about to be met with a river of sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Times like this I miss the wise words of the Flutt :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

I often try and make my toast pop up at the same time my eggs are scrambled. I have never succeeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

You dirty fecker. I was one of those people sitting at the table. Ruined my whole holiday. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

needs more info. you're no flutt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I often try and make my toast pop up at the same time my eggs are scrambled. I have never succeeded.
    Get a toaster with a reheat function :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Had a dose of Deli Belly on holidays one summer back in the day
    How I held it in I'll never know, but when I eventually found a toilet, the noise resembled cutting a sack of Mackrel from a height on to a tiled floor !

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Get a toaster with a reheat function :)

What is this thing you speak of???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Your no Flutt

on topic: I was caught short years ago in a pub after swallowing pint after pint of Smithwicks on an empty stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I only got caught out this morning. Taking my tools out of my car about to go in and start service work for a customer and let one rip, I'd say my face was priceless when I realised it was not a safe fart.
    Had to continue my work with a damp gusset as I was under time pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Few things worse than feeling an unstable round in the chamber that you instinctively know you won't be able to hold on the clutch. A more primitive instinct took hold of you. It's easy look back on these things and question some of your decisions regarding the lie of the land. And at least you pointed the badge downhill. Don't beat yourself up about it.

I only got caught out this morning. Taking my tools out of my car about to go in and start service work for a customer and let one rip, I'd say my face was priceless when I realised it was not a safe fart.
    Had to continue my work with a damp gusset as I was under time pressure.
    Nothing worse than gambling and losing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I was like you once, trying to get my toaster at the right setting and in in the other hand adjusting the heat on the hob so I could reach the hallowed land of timing perfection. My efforts seemed fruitless, there seemed to be no light at the end of the tunnel.

But one day I reached timing nirvana, my god it was the best scrambled egg on toast I've ever had.

Keep at it my friend. The rewards will be most rewarding

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fartman

I got caught one day in town when it ran down my leg and into my shoe ..not nice at all

• Registered Users Posts: 16,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

fartman wrote: »
    I got caught one day in town when it ran down my leg and into my shoe ..not nice at all

Nice one shartman

• Advertisement

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Had a dose of Deli Belly on holidays one summer back in the day
    How I held it in I'll never know, but when I eventually found a toilet, the noise resembled cutting a sack of Mackrel from a height on to a tiled floor !
    :D Like a load of old boots falling out of the loft

Has anyone ever snarted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Driving up Rathmines one night, got the rumble in the tumble. Litterially mounted the kerb as if I was in a monster truck. Ran into bushes that used to be there at old swimming pool, drop kacks and by jaysus I was in bits. This is no joke, I breathed a big sigh and looked around and there was this down&out looking back at me in his sleeping bag. Didn't know what to say but just got up and did a John Wayne over to McDonalds loo across road to wipe the arse.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Your no Flutt

on topic: I was caught short years ago in a pub after swallowing pint after pint of Smithwicks on an empty stomach

I know that feeling..

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Didn't actually poop my pants, but one day years ago I was walking to work, had just left my parents' estate and suddenly I felt that ominous rumbling. I knew I'd never make it to work, but it was with absolute horror that I realised I wouldn't be able to walk back up the road to my house either. I was afraid if I moved that I'd crap myself. I ended up ringing my dad and he couldn't understand why I needed a lift back up to the house (we're talking less than a kilometer) and I ended up having to literally say "Dad, if you don't come and collect me right this second I am going to sh1t my pants, I'm 100% serious, please please please come quick!" So he duly arrived a minute or two later, cracking his hole laughing, and made a big show of putting a bin bag over the passenger seat in the car. Ran like feck in to the downstairs loo, it was a photo finish that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

A colleague at work one morning cracked one off. He looked in my direction with a puzzled look and asked me............. Are there lumps in farts?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Had a vomiting bug years ago. Up all night dry heaving. Felt like I was after doing 1K situps. Next day I was sitting on the couch watching Laurence of Arabia and finally felt ok. Felt a little fart coming, cocked the leg and let it come. To my dismay I shat myself. The remaining occupants of my intestines were 100% liquid. Washed myself and changed my clothes. 10 minutes later felt another fart. Thought to myself "I know the score now, I'll gently release it". **** myself again.....

Advertisement