Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a good stereo (again)

Options
  • 07-10-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

I spent a couple of hours Saturday putting a new stereo into my car. It was a Silvercrest from Lidl that I bought a couple of years ago but had never used. Having installed it, I've decided that I hate it and want to get something else. :pac:

This one has a slide-out screen, plays DVDs, etc. Previously I had a similar Ripspeed model that did the same thing. I've learnt that it's a waste of time having a screen in the car and I never really watched anything. Also, the tuners on both weren't great, struggling to pick up a decent signal. So, what I'd like is, a decent CD/Radio that will give good sound from a standard setup (no additional amps, subs, etc.). The main thing I'd like it to have is bluetooth, for streaming music from the phone and taking calls if necessary. Ideally a USB and/or SD card slot would be handy, and an aux in, either front or rear, too. No iPhone support needed. Budget around €150 should hopefully get me something decent?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The screen-less stereos from Aldi/Lidl has all that (and you can try to return the one you have).
    Make sure bluetooth is A2DP which allows for better comms between phone and stereo.

Advertisement