Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should i ditch my Samsung Galaxy S3 for a Moto G (2nd gen)

Options
  • 07-10-2014 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭

Just bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 phone a month ago and typical which always seems to happen with me, is that I have seen a 2nd generation (2014 model) 5 inch Moto G which is available now and i like the look of it. I like my SGS3, but I would like the 5 inch screen of the MOTO G now and the stereo speakers. Anyone own one on here and is happy with it? - do you think at the expense of getting the 5 inch screen I would be missing anything from my SGS3? - i think if i would have seen the MotoG 2nd edition before the SGS3 I might have been tempted to go for the Moto G i think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

Where did you see it? Have any of the stores here got it yet. I have only seen pictures on line and have the same question myself. I checked with meteor and they said they will not carry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

dcollins wrote: »
    Where did you see it? Have any of the stores here got it yet. I have only seen pictures on line and have the same question myself. I checked with meteor and they said they will not carry it.

Thats a shame about Meteor are not gona be getting them in, im with Meteor Pre-Pay at the moment. It looks like good phone, even though it looks huge, but i dont mind big phones myself because of my eyesite getting worse as i get older the 5" screen phones are much better to me. - if money was no object id like to get the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that looks fab.

Have so far seen ARGOS do the Moto G (2nd gen) for 190euro the are unlocked/sim free - none in my local argos but 1 left in a next nearby store - and if you cannot get one in ROI argos you can get it from Northern Ireland Argos store and with exchange rate will work out to around 190eur. - I paid 250eur for my Samsung Galaxy S3 unlocked/sim free from Argos last month, as I say had they the Moto G i might have gone for that instead because of the lager screen - i like the camera on the S3 though takes really decent pictures, i wouldnt sort of like to get an inferior camera on the Moto G but although i havent seen the picures IRL of what the moto G takes people say its got a decent camera.

Advertisement