Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Riding school ideas

Options
  • 06-10-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Equestrian club in college are considering moving stables as the current one were based in for our lessons, while great for beginners/improvers isn't really working out for the more advanced members in the club.

The club holds lessons for everyone from those who've never sat on a horse to those who own their own horses and regularly compete at a high enough level of competition but want to do lessons to keep riding while at college.

So we need to be able to find a riding school that can cater to beginners but especially the more advanced of the club. Riding school would also have to be NO MORE than a 30 minute drive from Maynooth.

So just thought I'd throw it out there (given theres so many around its hard to know them all) and see what suggestions people would have for Riding schools to check out that'd suit the clubs needs ?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

I've heard that Hazelbrook Equestrian in Newbridge is quite good - and I think they cater for all levels, might be worth contacting them to double check, they have good facilities aswell!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Do your lessons all take place at the same time (i.e. advanced and beginner) or are they at different times and/or different days?

If the latter, would you consider just changing venue for the more experienced riders, and continue the beginners lessons where you are now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

convert wrote: »
    Do your lessons all take place at the same time (i.e. advanced and beginner) or are they at different times and/or different days?

If the latter, would you consider just changing venue for the more experienced riders, and continue the beginners lessons where you are now?

Its all the same day but can be at different times ie one after the other
    Transport just works out too expensive otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Its all the same day but can be at different times ie one after the other
    Transport just works out too expensive otherwise.

Dunbyrne stud kilmeague?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

monflat wrote: »
    Dunbyrne stud kilmeague?

Thats over an hours drive, it needs to be within a 30 min or less radius of Maynooth MAX

Should also add that ideally there needs to be an indoor arena ( I know not asking for much ! :P)

(place looks nice though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Thats over an hours drive, it needs to be within a 30 min or less radius of Maynooth MAX

Should also add that ideally there needs to be an indoor arena ( I know not asking for much ! :P)

Ok I dont live in Kildare so I don't know distancesother than I do know dunbyrne and it's quite good

Afraid I cant help no more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Hazelbrook has an indoor :) Newbridge is definitely within 30 minutes of Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

If this is NUIM, I think they are using Hazelbrook?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

What about Kill International?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Hazelbrook are very nice and have an indoor.

Kill i'm not sure if they are actually even open at the moment? Place looks quite run down from the outside and no shows on.

Dunbyrne Stud have a riding school but no indoor and probably a bit far from Maynooth

Isnt there two riding schools in maynooth itself though across the road from each other? (clonfert and maynooth i think?)

Collistown is also quite near Maynooth although i am not sure are they riding school or just livery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

Kill nternational are open for riding school, newbridge(hazelbrook) and dunbyrne would be nearly equal distance to maynooth. In maynooth collistown has an indoor, no idea what they have regards lessons though, I think carton have an indoor aswell, not sure though, calliaghstown has an indoor and would be within a half hour of maynooth, kildare international would probably be too far, look to north county dublin aswell as there seems to alot of yards with indoors around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 horsemad2

hi , Collistown is now offering lessons for beginners and advanced riders.

Advertisement