Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History

Options
  • 06-10-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello ,
    How many primary sources are needed for the leaving cert history project? I am doing higher level.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

3-4 sources, and I think one of them has to be from a proper historian, eg with a degree in history. I'm not exactly sure what counts as a proper historian though. Find one with a degree if you can, just to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

(Sorry mods, it's not letting me edit)

Sorry, missed the bit about primary. I haven't seen anything about whether the sources are primary or secondary. Put one or two of each in, and make sure to comment on their reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

HL - 3

OL - 2

Secondary or primary is irrelevant, but try to use at least one "traditional book" by a reputable historian.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Liverpool4cup

HL - 3

OL - 2

Secondary or primary is irrelevant, but try to use at least one "traditional book" by a reputable historian.

How sure are you on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

You have to evaluate 3 sources at HL and 2 at OL

It is not necessary to have a 'traditional book' by a 'reputable' historian but you should try and include in your evaluation. One secondary source from a recognised historian (international, national or local depending on your topic.

It is always an advantage if you can use a primary source but it is not obligatory. You can use more than 3 sources if you want but you must evaluate 3 (at HL).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

What he/she said up above :D

Advertisement