Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car suggestion - suitable for 2 car seats

Options
  • 06-10-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭

hi,
    i am looking for suggestions.
    currently driving honda accord.
    my requirement is
    i need to fit in - 2 car seats with isofix base + space for one adult.
    so far i have seen that if i fit in 2 isofix bases, there is no/very little space for an adult to sit.

I dont think any 4x4 or jeeps are helpful.
    s-max is the only one that comes to my mind.
    any suggestions/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

hi,
    i am looking for suggestions.
    currently driving honda accord.
    my requirement is
    i need to fit in - 2 car seats with isofix base + space for one adult.
    so far i have seen that if i fit in 2 isofix bases, there is no/very little space for an adult to sit.

I dont think any 4x4 or jeeps are helpful.
    s-max is the only one that comes to my mind.
    any suggestions/

If the likes of your accord doesn't cut the mustard then you're looking at mpv's alright.

Smax etc is the only way your going to get that kind of room.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Skoda Superb?
    Honda FR-V?
    Mazda 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

NIMAN wrote: »
    Skoda Superb?
    Honda FR-V?
    Mazda 5?

i knew s-max and honda fr-v would be suitable.
    i never knew skoda and mazda 5 can take in 2 isofix bases and one adult too in the back. will check them out.
    thanks for responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

i knew s-max and honda fr-v would be suitable.
    i never knew skoda and mazda 5 can take in 2 isofix bases and one adult too in the back. will check them out.
    thanks for responses.
    I was in this situation a month ago, driving Accord Tourer when 3rd baby arrived. I got myself S-Max. Other suitable options were Touran / Sharan, 5008, C5 Grand Picasso, S-Max / Galaxy, FR-V.
    I guess it depends as well how much boot space do you need. You can use 3rd row for additional seats but then you have no space left.

Berlingo / Partner / Doblo / Multipla etc. would work quite well. They have a lot of room actually. But coming from accord they can be hard to adjust to.

You could probably squeeze 2 car seats and a smalish person i the something like C-max.
    Mazda 5, Grandis, Oddysey will work only if you use 3rd row.

S-MAX has 3 iso-fix points in the second row BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso,Honda Frv,Ford Galaxy,Seat Alhambra

We have had 3 adults, 2 teenagers (15yrs old) and 2 Isofix seats for the smallies in our Citroen C4 Grand Picasso and traveled from Cork to Dublin and back in comfort

Alhambra has a slightly larger boot when the 3rd row of seats are in use but they are harder to find 2nd hand than the Citroen

• Advertisement
Advertisement