Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal Order - Cancel or Refund

Options
  • 06-10-2014 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

I got a postal order made out to the Indian Embassy in Dublin on Wednesday September 17th. As the service that I was looking for was not available, I then applied to the Indian Embassy in London. I have to now get the Irish postal order cancelled. I went back the same day and was told different things by different members of staff - some told me to go back and find the member of staff who served me first as she would be able to cancel it. Another member of staff told me that it takes one day for the postal order to process and I would be able to cancel it on the next day. I went back on Monday September 22nd and another member of staff told me that since the postal order was made out to the Indian Embassy they couldn't just refund me like that and that I would have to give them my postal address and they would mail the refund to me - he said it would take about a week. I told them that I live in Belfast but they said it would be fine. They gave me a photocopy of the original postal order and took down my address. I still have the original receipt when I got the postal order made. It's been 2 weeks now and I haven't heard from them. Any suggestions?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bluemax909

hi folks,

I got a reply today. I've been sent a refund - a postal order by An Post and it's got my name on it. but it does say "payable in the republic of Ireland only". Now does that mean that I'll have to go back to a post office in the republic of Ireland to get it encashed? Also it is crossed and I don't have an account in the republic so i would need cash in euros or a sterling draft/check. I live in Belfast so it would make life easy if I could somehow get the cash here.

many thanks!

Advertisement