Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert engineering

Options
  • 04-10-2014 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am in ty and am wondering is it possible to do well in leaving cert engineering when i have not done metalwork for the junior cert. all helpful comments are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

If you take the subject seriously and work hard in it you should be okay. There is a good lot of practical work in it and stuff that is not for the weak too but there is also a theory side which is worth 50% so that is something you definitely have to consider. The stuff from the JC Course in Metalwork does come in handy and you build on that in Leaving Cert but its not essential once you put the work in. Its a very do-able subjects once your willing to get your hands dirty and hit the books now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

theory is very very easy dont worry about that, questions are predicatable and they dont ask you much, project is tough enough so look at that before you decide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I did LC Engineering many years ago after not doing Metal work or Wood work for the JC. I had a very good teacher and managed to get an A in HL. Enjoyed all aspects of the subject.

Advertisement