Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 04-10-2014 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,497 ✭✭✭✭

I see Sizing Europe is out today at Gowran running in a race it has won for the last 3 years. Can't see Baily Green being quite good enough, so expect this one to be between the old boy and Roads To Riches. Going to go with my heart and take Sizing at 2/1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Im gonna wager that Chris Gordon has a good day at fontwell maybe a nice yankee with lady A in the last for some nice juice.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

I see Sizing Europe is out today at Gowran running in a race it has won for the last 3 years. Can't see Baily Green being quite good enough, so expect this one to be between the old boy and Roads To Riches. Going to go with my heart and take Sizing at 2/1.

Love Sizing to bits but I'd be very worried about Road To a Riches. Officially Rated higher then Sizing now and getting 4lbs. I know he's still got plenty to prove but the way he won at Galway suggests that if he's ridden aggressively and jumps as well he'll put the old warrior under pressure. Carberry is also back on him and has a fine record on him while Burke is obviously a novice with little experience of the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody know what happens here. Done a double Enke 5/4 and Steps 3/1 w/o Muthmir but now Muthmir is a non runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody know what happens here. Done a double Enke 5/4 and Steps 3/1 w/o Muthmir but now Muthmir is a non runner.

Well the race itself is now W/O Muthmir, and Steps is 3/1 in the betting.
    Logically, your bet hasn't changed, so it should still be valid.

• Advertisement

Anybody think Limato looks big at 15/8 he has looked very good so far.

Would love to see Sky Lantern back to her best today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Might be no harm to get onto customer support just to be sure you dont get stung. Sometimes these things arn't logical at all

Any sign of Rossom with his write up on American Hope.

Any sign of Rossom with his write up on American Hope.

7f should really suit but ground has to be gone against it doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Road to Riches has loads of ability, a lot of potential to unlock yet...but 2m4f may be shorter than he wants to go. With that slight doubt about the trip, I'd take the chance on Sizing Europe retaining enough abiilty to take a race in which he excels. Would not write off Baily Green, but dont think he'll have the measure of SE

Also wondering which of JP's gets punted and lands the spoils in the opening maiden hurdle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

The warrior must be in with a shout 2.20 New.
    It would be an awful distraction on Arc Saturday if it wasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Can't believe they haven't retired Sizing Europe yet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

I've been waiting all year for Parish Hall to step up in trip and when he finally does he gets soft ground and has to give 3lb to a horse like Encke... *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 16,497 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

tryfix wrote: »
    I've been waiting all year for Parish Hall to step up in trip and when he finally does he gets soft ground and has to give 3lb to a horse like Encke... *sigh*
    Thought he relished the step up in trip, definitely be keeping an eye on this one at this distance or maybe even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Thought he relished the step up in trip, definitely be keeping an eye on this one at this distance or maybe even further.
    He's a cup horse on breeding with a DI of 0.60, out of Montjeu mare who was herself out of a Quest For Fame mare. Imagine what Coolmore would've missed out on if they'd spent Leading Light's racing career trying to win races with him at 10f.

He's made for the midsummer Cup races on good ground.

Anybody know the story with Cirrus De Aigles. Backed him yesterday in a double with Sole Power. He was first past the post but got thrown out of the race by the stewards. I presume i will get awarded as a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Anybody know the story with Cirrus De Aigles. Backed him yesterday in a double with Sole Power. He was first past the post but got thrown out of the race by the stewards. I presume i will get awarded as a winner.

You'd have to contact the bookie.
    Some are paying double result as a goodwill gesture whereas Bet365 (for example) are only paying on the official result.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Backing those Godolphin horses should come with a health warning, so inconsistent they are :rolleyes:

What a hero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Cirrus demoted to 5th earlier on, rp reported but no reason given, anyone know the craic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

If ever a reason was needed to show why NH is so much better than flat that performance from Seizing Europe emphasizes the difference.

That will be the performance of the weekend, no matter who wins the ARC.

His jump at the last just summed him up what a hero one of my all time favorites.

Cirrus demoted to 5th earlier on, rp reported but no reason given, anyone know the craic?

Bumped winner before line apparently

He veered left and interfered with the winner. I can't understand how he was demoted to 5th they were clear of everything else. French stewards are crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Didn't see the race but I presume the winner was demoted beneath any horses he interfered with in running as per the rules of French racing. Generally find the French stewards to be more on top of their game than some of the numpties that prevail this side of the pond

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

PP paid cirrus as a winner in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭confused smu

Odyssey 8.30..... had a great race recently with the horse in front doing well in a class 2 race after. might have a good race :) good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,497 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

His jump at the last just summed him up what a hero one of my all time favorites.
    Up until the last furlong or so, Sizing had no right whatsoever to have won that race. But the heart he showed was just unreal. Great ride from Johnny Burke all the same, never panicked. Having said that, Road To Riches looked the better horse, I can almost guarantee it will come on from that run.

Up until the last furlong or so, Sizing had no right whatsoever to have won that race. But the heart he showed was just unreal. Great ride from Johnny Burke all the same, never panicked. Having said that, Road To Riches looked the better horse, I can almost guarantee it will come on from that run.

I think that will be the last time we see Sizing in the winners enclosure but i hope i am wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement