Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working For State Street Dublin

Options
  • 03-10-2014 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All, State Street in Dublin seems to have a bad reputation as a company to work for due to working environment and very long hours. Just wondering if all departments are the same. I have been told to avoid Fund Administration Dept so I am looking at Trustee, Financial Reporting or Regulatory Reporting Dept, but I am a bit afraid to end up overly exploited there as well.
    Does anyone know if there is any department within State Street that would be good to work for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Never worked for them, but interviewed with them 4 times. Not once did they contact me to let me know I'd been unsuccessful in my application. I still get plenty of calls from agencies asking if I'm interested in them, but I haven't forgiven them yet. My limited experience with them makes me think they're not an organisation that cares about people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Subacio wrote: »
    Never worked for them, but interviewed with them 4 times. Not once did they contact me to let me know I'd been unsuccessful in my application. I still get plenty of calls from agencies asking if I'm interested in them, but I haven't forgiven them yet. My limited experience with them makes me think they're not an organisation that cares about people.

That's a sign of a bad company to work for. The lack of basic courtesy is not a good omen. Fund Admin is intensive work - more for grads without families. If you're good and build your knowledge broadly you can go places. However it's one of those jobs where the the harder you work the more work you'll get given.

Advertisement