Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 3/10

Options
  • 03-10-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

I've nothing better to do so I'll back Excellent Guest 2.30 Ascot .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Well done chief

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Crikey, nice win.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

Thanks guys , had a bit of luck in that he was in the right group .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Great pick.

I want to punch the screen, as I've picked that horse every time he has ran at Ascot to a very decent profit and id didn't know he was running today.. No time to look at racing anymore has its disadvantages..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Hahahaha I was coming on to PM aidan and ask him had he backed it. Typical. Well done pinesky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I know maidens aren't races to get overly involved in, but Moving On Up looks a big price at 12/1 in a place in the first at Dundalk. I'd have her probably clear third fav and about a 7/1 shot after she caught the eye when running a nice race on debut on turf at Killarney only beaten about 3 1/2 lengths into fourth behind an odds on shot. Worth an each way chance from a good draw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Pinesky wrote: »
    I've nothing better to do so I'll back Excellent Guest 2.30 Ascot .

Wow, a 33/1 winner just like that. WD.

Done one double today. Telmeyd doubled with Bell Weir in the 4.05 Hexham. 11/1ish.

5b328b4ef5cf519e0b6d40904b79f372.png

PS. anyone else notice bet365 now offer cash out on horse racing multiples. Handy option to have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Bet 365 streams are really bad for me today, anyone else getting this?

Bet 365 streams are really bad for me today, anyone else getting this?

The atr ones wouldn't open for me the other day alright, only used it for Ascot on ruk today and was fine. All other meetings are on atr but was watching on telly so didn't know if were acting up today or not therefore.

• Advertisement

FruitoRooney loves it around Fontwell in the 3:50, have to take a small e/w bet on him at 12/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ascot is fine but the others are a powerpoint presentation.

Have taken some of the 11/2 on Prince Of All in the feature at Dundalk tonight. Horse is 2/2 on the dirt and did not disgrace itself at all against some top quality horses as of late. Deegan has had a very quiet Summer over the turf, so am expecting form to pick up as Dundalk starts to show regular.

Knights Templar in the 6:10 looks very well handicapped at a mark of 64 on the AW. Will surely go off quite a bit lower than the 14/1 that's currently available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Have taken some of the 11/2 on Prince Of All in the feature at Dundalk tonight. Horse is 2/2 on the dirt and did not disgrace itself at all against some top quality horses as of late. Deegan has had a very quiet Summer over the turf, so am expecting form to pick up as Dundalk starts to show regular.

A couple of nice little races on the all weather tonight. Prince of All is an intriguing contender alright, far from disgraced behind Free Eagle last time, but not convinced he wants this far. Time will tell. Appleby horse is fancied but looks no value at all now and think the Ballydoyle horse will beat it anyway. But one I'm sure will run well is Paene Magnus - 4 wins & a 2nd in 5 runs at the track - and has the beating of Alfonso de Souza on form here a year ago. Taking fitness on trust a touch, but happy to punt at 10/1 on the exchanges

I'll have a punt on clutchingstraws in the next at Dundalk, fancied. 9/4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Any opinion on the big one at Dundalk? Catomountain is getting backed.

shmeee wrote: »
    I'll have a punt on clutchingstraws in the next at Dundalk, fancied. 9/4.

Some farce there, hoban on the winner cut across us. Stewards inquiry still ongoing it seems.

Oh dear, Shane Kelly won't win many fans with that ride. You could argue the horse lurched to the right, but I don't think he needed to give that a smack at that point.

Doux Douce is a monster price of 33/1 with Sportingbet, has only showed patches of form, but breeding, rating and price tag surely suggests that this horse can win such a low grade race as this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I too like Doux Douce

Lions Charge ew I'll go with just to be different . '',
    14-1 8.40

Hmmm not much appeal with these low grade handicaps, but giving Ed Led Jed another chance here, doesn't need to find a lot extra to be competitive and the longer trip will help

Think that Doux Douce will be winning a race very soon.

Perfect Ten very unexposed, should win next week if it runs here again.

General Bunching ew 9.10
    A better start tonight should see it home

Following this gamble here in the last, tidal star, 33s into 6s now. Off track over 2 years and way down in the weights.

Taro Tywod 40-1 ew 9.20
    I really like this. Think it should win here

Taro Tywod 40-1 ew 9.20
    I really like this. Think it should win here

Good luck. Fav definitely worth taking on, just a lay for me at that price

shmeee wrote: »
    Following this gamble here in the last, tidal star, 33s into 6s now. Off track over 2 years and way down in the weights.

Ew bet landed. Won't complain!

• Advertisement
Advertisement