Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine

Options
  • 02-10-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

I'm a leaving cert student strongly considering studying medicine. I am only able to apply to UCD, NUIG and RCSI because I only do one science subject - chemistry. I am confident I could get the points and have a few questions.

1. I don't do biology. Would this cause a big problem and be a big disadvantage?

2. After completing the course you do an intern year. Is this fully paid? After this can you take a year or two out to go travelling or do you need to start working straight away?

3. Are working hours and conditions as bad as they are made out to be? If they are, what are jobs like in other countries?(Australia, New Zealand etc.)

4. Lastly and of least importance what is the salary like as you move up the ladder? Are most people made consultants and if so at around what age? Is this comparable to other countries?

Advertisement