Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treatment for rotting wood ? And woodworm.

Options
  • 02-10-2014 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Hi I am cutting out some small bits on joists that have been afected by dampness it's quite small but I want to treat the rest of the joist even though it's not damp just to stop the rot spreading any ideas on a treatment for this ?
    Also what is the best product for woodworm ?
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Protim is the standard product used for protecting wood in Ireland, this is the fact sheet for Protim Green http://johnmurphycastlerea.ie/hardware/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Technical-Data-Protim-Green-E-IE-TDS-1973-RS-April-2010.pdf, which has a green stain in it so you can see where you have used it. There is also a clear version.

Its stinky stuff so you wouldn't want to be using it in a living area or bedroom, even when well ventilated it take a good while (weeks) for the smell to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

my3cents wrote: »
    Protim is the standard product used for protecting wood in Ireland, this is the fact sheet for Protim Green http://www.giftwrapuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=60_95, which has a green stain in it so you can see where you have used it. There is also a clear version.

Its stinky stuff so you wouldn't want to be using it in a living area or bedroom, even when well ventilated it take a good while (weeks) for the smell to go.
    ww
    Wrong link :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Put in the right link, price btw is about €22 for 5l all builders merchants have it.

my3cents wrote: »
    Put in the right link, price btw is about €22 for 5l all builders merchants have it.
    That's gift wrap dispensers pal.

Big Davey wrote: »
    That's gift wrap dispensers pal.

Sorry I see it now thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement