Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Oil Prices

Options
  • 02-10-2014 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Has anyone else noticed the massive drop in the price of a barrel of oil in the last 2 months or so?
    Something like $14 a barrel as of today!! That is huge

I have'nt noticed any change in the price of diesel/petrol @ the pumps in my area
    Not a single cent
    We all know what happens when the price of barrel of oil goes up

Whats going on?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think it is because oil is traded in Dollars and the exchange rate between the Euro and the Dollar at the moment ain, great so that is keeping the price of oil here up. That is the reason that even do the price of a barrel of oil has fallen massivelly recentlyit has not really effected prices here. Maybe in a few months it might fall a bit hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 wildrover50

@AMKC I guess the bad exchange rate with the dollar ,as you pointed out , is the reason why pump prices have'nt dropped...but I would always be suspicoius of the likes of Topaz/Esso etc. not passing on price drops.

If the exchange rate is the only reason, then I think the oil price at the pumps will go UP instead of DOWN in the next few months because the Euro is getting weaker and dollar stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Over the last week or so I have noticed fuel prices have gone down on some Dublin pumps.
    A month ago the average for Diesel was approx 146.9 with the lowest being 139.8.
    Now quite a few diesel pumps are under the 144 mark with a good few of them under the 141.00, including some Esso stations.
    Topaz generally are the dearest around Dublin for Diesel with their Ballymun service station being a whopping 149.00 (today).
    Petrol prices will be an average of 8 cent / litre dearer than Diesel per station.
    Pays to keep the eyes open and shop around.

Advertisement