Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Android Gallery is a Mess

Options
  • 02-10-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭

I had a look in the Gallery there on my new OnePlus and every image I ever seem to have come across in an app seems to be there? So the only pics Id want to see ie the ones from my camera or the ones Ive deliberately saved to my Images folder are buried under literally hundreds of icons/logos/random crap.

How do I get rid of this and go back to viewing just MY images the way all previous Android galleries have functioned or have they messed up the Kit-Kat gallery?

Im also worried about storage space if my phone is saving all this crap I wouldn't want in a million years, what settings even govern this? Where are they stored so I can delete them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

If you create a new empty file called ".nomedia" in the root of all the main folders other than DCIM, then they will be hidden.

add-nomedia-file-to-android.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks, any easier way though? Also Id like to stop what appears to be auto-saving of hundreds of images Ill never want or need...

Thargor wrote: »
    Thanks, any easier way though? Also Id like to stop what appears to be auto-saving of hundreds of images Ill never want or need...
    How about installing a different Gallery, the stock version from Motorola is great and on the Play Store (it may not install on your phone though).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.MotGallery2

There is also the stock one (with some tweaks) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moblynx.galleryics

As for the other images, they are probably cached from web browsing, Facebook and Twitter ect and the One Plus Gallery just scans the whole phone / SD Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I use Quickpic as my Gallery app, and in that it's easy to select a folder and exclude it from view.

Thanks both, Ill try them out. Another thing that annoys me is there doesn't seem to be a link to the gallery from the camera in KitKat, ie you cant tap on a thumbnail of the last image you took in the top right hand corner, any way to rectify this.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Thanks both, Ill try them out. Another thing that annoys me is there doesn't seem to be a link to the gallery from the camera in KitKat, ie you cant tap on a thumbnail of the last image you took in the top right hand corner, any way to rectify this.
    Just swipe to the left, like so (not the same camera as yours but its a guideline).

Screen-Shot-2013-07-23-at-11.38.40-AM-568x500.jpg

Doh, should have tried that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

can you not just click on the top left under moments and albums etc? should sort itself out that way

Whats that supposed to do? I still see everything, all I want is my images folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

you can select camera, local storage so all you see is the photos you have taken

• Advertisement

I only see Local Storage as the option so it doesnt change anything.

Advertisement