Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcatel-Lucent NRS1

Options
  • 02-10-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I have my heart set on getting stuck in to a course before the end of the year and getting some sort of certification at some stage next year. Just wanted to get some opinions and find out what peoples experiences were.

Right now, it's a toss-up between the CCNA and the NRS1.
    I'm mainly wondering what peoples opinions were on the NRS1. Is it really beneficial or would the CCNA be worth more in the long run? I know they're both vendor-specific but I guess I'm just wondering if there's a broader scope from either.

My workplace has the study books for NRS1 and we also have a full lab setup based off of an Al-Lu 7750 SR-12 so it's not really going to cost me much to pursue. (Other than the exam, of course)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers,
    Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Do both.

If your job has the gear and you have a lab. Study for the NSR1.

But the CCNA will be much more beneficial for your career and other job prospects

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Focus on Cisco route and put Alcatel experience on the CV. Half of the people reading your CV will look at the list of requirements that says CCNA/CCNP and then bin your CV with the NRS1 on it. Even if its a Alcatel house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Thanks for the feedback lads.
    Focus on Cisco route and put Alcatel experience on the CV. Half of the people reading your CV will look at the list of requirements that says CCNA/CCNP and then bin your CV with the NRS1 on it. Even if its a Alcatel house.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, thank you!
    As it turns out, there are some credits on the NRS1 course if you've done the CCNA already. I'll ultimately do both but I'll start with the CCNA now.

Thanks again.

Advertisement