Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BJJ for beginners in Galway?

Options
  • 02-10-2014 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Are there any weekend BJJ classes for beginners in Galway? Would have to be at the weekend because I live in the deepest depths of Connemara and getting into town on a midweek evening after work isn't really practical for me.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hurpederp

Have a look at this website - http://www.pointblankgym.com/. Might have the information you need. If there is anything there that you might still need answering the website lists a number under the "contact" tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mouthalmighty

Actually one of our lads richie is coming in from carraroe i think. For pure bjj point is a spot on place. Beginners are at 7 on mondays and thurs. After 3 months (I think) you can move up to intermediate which is mondays at 8 and weds at 7. Shower facilities on site too. If you get into contact with Tim Murphy when he'e back from the worlds he'll give you all proper details

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MacDiz

Thanks for the replies lads. I actually did a few weeks at pointblank a few years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it (except for a broken and dislocated big toe!) but couldn't keep it up due to me being busy most midweek nights till 7.30ish.

Would really like to start training again cos I've got so unfit and lazy and as I said really enjoyed it. But I really can't do midweek for the forseeable future due to late hours and being about an hour from town.

Advertisement