Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't get motivated to do well in the Leaving Cert...

Options
  • 01-10-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm 17, 5th year after ty(did 5th year for 2 weeks and dropped to ty because of bad subject choices)
    I started at all higher level English, Irish, French, Maths, Business, Geography, Biology now I'm doing OL Maths..

But lately I haven't been able to find a reason to want to do well, ya I want to get out of school and do well in life but I really cannot be bothered with school (to put it bluntly)
    I do well in all subjects I enjoy I mean I'm usually B/C standard. But in the likes of French, Irish and Maths I cannot get myself to study, I do bare minimum homework and that's it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

It's only the start of 5th year; yes, it would be nice to be motivated but don't put too much pressure in yourself just yet.
    When you start career guidance and researching courses you might find something to aim for and that will spur you on?
    At this stage, just pay attention in class and do the homework and that's enough to form a solid base: don't worry too much about extra study.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SeanChris

[quote="At this stage, just pay attention in class and do the homework and that's enough to form a solid base: don't worry too much about extra study.[/quote]

Sadly the teachers don't see this study as an extra, in their eyes it is manditory, it is 'the bare minimum needed to pass'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Consonata

In doing homework you are studying. If you do all the homework to the best of your ability and study coming up to your tests you will be doing fine.

Advertisement