Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey 2014-2015

Options
  • 01-10-2014 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

A new thread for the season ahead. Sorry, can't make this a sticky as we don't have a mod. Scott is the league mod. If you haven't joined yet, please PM him your email address.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've stuck this thread for you guys. The CMods are discussing the mod situation here and will get back in due coure. Please do not discuss it in the open forum. If anyone needs to discuss anything mod-related please contact one of the CMods or report any relevant posts (as CMods get copied on reporetd posts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Draft is at 9pm GMT on Sunday.

- Please take part in at least one mock draft before the above to ensure that all is working OK from a technical perspective. I completed one using Windows 8 & Chrome with no issue.

- 12 people have signed up so far. 14 were listed originally and that is the max allowed. If the two remaining players could PM scottmcb04 their email address a.s.a.p. that would be great.

- Are hits in or out guys? I can't see them in the scoring categories.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

I'm in favour of hits, makes the back end of the draft a lot more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Berserker wrote: »
    Draft is at 9pm GMT on Sunday.
    - Are hits in or out guys? I can't see them in the scoring categories.
    I don't mind adding hits but I think we should stick to the 8 scoring categories for skater and 4 for goalies. Thats means dropping a category, I guess either PIM or +/- would be the ones I think are best to replace. Might be a bit late to get the opinion of the league with the draft tomorrow evening.

On the league numbers, 12 so far is great. We will need both those players to play head-to-head in a 14 team league.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

I can change the scoring categorgies up until opening night Wednesday...

so everyone can vote on what yis want in/out and ill change it...

im thinking of just closing it up shortly at 12, if we only find 1 itd be a pain trying to get another 1 that's interested...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I'd be strongly against changing the scoring settings after the draft.

I vote to add hits and drop PIM.

I'd add hits and remove +/-. I have no problem with PIMs. Can we get this decided before the draft though? Removing a category will change the selection process for me. At the moment, I have discounted some players because of their +/- and included others because of their PIMs, for example.

yeah I like PIM, think they should stay!

im in favour of removing +/- and adding hits...

I'll do that, and unless I come back tomorrow morning before the draft to disapproval it'll stay that way...

I see where you are coming from about scoring changing after the draft...

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    yeah I like PIM, think they should stay!

im in favour of removing +/- and adding hits...

I'll do that, and unless I come back tomorrow morning before the draft to disapproval it'll stay that way...

I see where you are coming from about scoring changing after the draft...
    Good with me

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

I'd keep the +\- it's one of the best categories. Take out Hits. The stat count for hits works stupidly in the nhl. A little bump into someone gets counted in some places and doesn't in others. I would be against it.

• Advertisement

We need a decision pretty soon as it will greatly affect the selection process

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I'm ok with Hits instead of +/-

Can we have another IR slot?
    Usually my whole team gets concussed..
    Or an extra bench slot?

Looks like 5 so far in favour of hits over +/-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Definitely agree with another IR spot, that hurt me big time last season. I'm easy either way with all the other options being suggested.

so whats the final decision?

hits or +/-

hits....

So, is the bench spot going in? I am happy to have it.

i have added a poll on the league page, everyone vote asap, majority rules!

Waiver wire open, guys!
    Let's get active!

Just noticed that the league is set to Daily - Tomorrow for roster changes.

Can we change this to Daily - Today so we can make changes on the day games take place? We had this setting in the last few boards hockey leagues.

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    Can we change this to Daily - Today so we can make changes on the day games take place? We had this setting in the last few boards hockey leagues.

Agree, that was the setting in years gone by.

I also agree, but I cant seem to change it... unless I can change it at the end of game weeks! ill try and figure out a way when I get time!

I also agree, but I cant seem to change it... unless I can change it at the end of game weeks! ill try and figure out a way when I get time!
    That would be great! Roster changes can actually be made for today, its waiver wire pickups that cannot be used until the next day. Not sure why that would be the default setting though!

Sick over this not pulling through. I added Wingels yesterday but he wasn't available last night. He went to score 2 goals.

This will be troublesome and may not be fixable unless you go direct to Yahoo Customer Service

See this baseball thread for a similar issue:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=468908

ill contact them later when im finished work, see if I can change it... was working late last night so didn't get a chance to look it up! surely they can change, its not the end of the world if its just like this for the first week or so!

General moan...
    Come on NHL and update the IR eligible players!!!

ill contact them later when im finished work, see if I can change it... was working late last night so didn't get a chance to look it up! surely they can change, its not the end of the world if its just like this for the first week or so!

No joy with this, I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

What's the update on getting the extra IR spot. Have one player out already and another to go on IR.

• Advertisement

Anyone trading?
    Maybe you've been offered one already...
    Let's get busy!

Advertisement