Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography: The jist of it?

Options
  • 01-10-2014 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

In fifth year, and a good bit into geography. Already I can spot a difference from JC geography. You gain marks by giving SRPs as I'm aware.

To me this seems very familiar to JC history. You state a state a fact / development, and then explain it (one or two simple sentences?)and give example if possible. Right, you just got your first SRP! Now, you obviously should also add structure to your answers aswell so everything falls nicely.

Is this how the geography Exam works? I'm just a little boggled by the similarity, and having been looking through some marking schemes and past paper questions - it seems all fact based (which isn't bad).

Am I wrong? I need at least a A2 on geography, and starting to make mind maps so I want to know if 'plotting some facts and keywords' will get you what you need.

Note: I know there is a project.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Can't help you Arnie as I'm in the same boat.

Hoping someone in the know can be of assistance!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Essay questions are typically 30 marks, made up of 15 SRPS. An SRP is typically a distinct, relevant point of information. However, it can also be a relevant statistic,example or diagram.

I presume ye are in 5th year. Buy Exam Skills: Geography by Sue Honan. It's a life-saver and has exactly everything you need.

Advertisement