Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caledonian 80 Shilling

Options
  • 01-10-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

Had this at Electric Picnic, one of the best things I've ever tasted

Anybody know if there's anywhere in Ireland that sells it.. PLEASE :)

Also heard its brewed by Heineken

caledonian80.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

SuperValu has it. Not great imho, as it's on the watery side.

Caledonian is owned by Heineken, but the beer is brewed by Caledonian in Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

n97 mini wrote: »
    SuperValu has it. Not great imho, as it's on the watery side.

Caledonian is owned by Heineken, but the beer is brewed by Caledonian in Edinburgh.

Cheers man appreciate that! I checked my local supervalu and they don't stock it they said, which SuperValus have you seen it in cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've seen bottles of it in Bradley's in Cork, and I think Rising Sons here has it on tap. That could be a different 80 Shilling though, I believe there are a few...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭donaghs

I like their beers. Used to buy them in Odd Bins. Saw them recently in Tesco Merrion Centre D4. Never seem to be in reliable stock anywhere. Some Centra that do a craft beer range have had them recently too - not cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I've only ever had it on cask in Scotland. Visiting the brewery in Edinburgh is a great experience by the way. Lovely brewery, beautiful old copper kettles still in use. Oh, the open bar certainly helped matters :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's not open to the public though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Oh really? That's a shame. It was a good tour.

Advertisement