Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland Paracon - September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

its in King's House in Roscommon this year. I know one of the organisers. Hearts in the right place, though Im not a fan of conventions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I dont meant to be rude but is it called the All-Ireland Paracon to give it precedence over other regional paracons? Or am I just being cynical? Also the website could do with a spruce up!

all ireland because its based in the north and they want to include the whole country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

maccored wrote: »
    all ireland because its based in the north and they want to include the whole country

That might explain why the fees are in GBP, mystery solved!

Riamfada wrote: »
    …. Also the website could do with a spruce up!

If you are old and grey like me and your eyesight is near fading the website is difficult to read … but I take on board that it being dark and dreary is for effect (?) ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I don't mean to be rude but the website wouldn't encourage anyone with their wits about the internet to use it, looks like a primary school project, honestly needs a major overhaul if the organisers want it to be taken seriously.

In fairness the community needs to get away from the dark/black websites, they need to take on board the new web standards and design standards to keep the websites fresh, appealing and professional as I assume that's how they want to be viewed, professional.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A weekend pass £50, with no cheaper options, well... no. And nowhere on that site can I see when it is on, that should be the first info you get.

Quite apart from the circa 2002 look of the site, it is very light on information of any kind. Needs a LOT more time invested if the organisers hope to make something of this.

Boyle seems like a bit of an out of the way place to have it. Hope it goes well.

kings house is massive.

Oryx wrote: »
    A weekend pass £50, with no cheaper options, well... no. And nowhere on that site can I see when it is on, that should be the first info you get.

Quite apart from the circa 2002 look of the site, it is very light on information of any kind. Needs a LOT more time invested if the organisers hope to make something of this.

Yeah it could also be a good opportunity to discount to entice various active paranormal investigator groups and let them use this event to do some networking and clear the air and see how the groups can work together better....

• Advertisement

I wont be paying 64 euro for a weekend pass before somewhere to stay. Shame though it would be good to go to something. From this forum and other groups it seems there are about 5 people interested in the paranormal left in Ireland.

From this forum and other groups it seems there are about 5 people interested in the paranormal left in Ireland.

Yeah, shame about Wicklow, I am beginning to think either people are afraid to lose some of their anonymity enjoyed on the threads or they are wary of what people might think if they are found out to have an interest in the paranormal! I dont know but we have asked recently for feedback but not one reply! Still want to do Wicklow Gaol. I know one of the people who had to back out had a genuine reason but where did all the others disappear to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Not2Good wrote: »
    Yeah, shame about Wicklow, I am beginning to think either people are afraid to lose some of their anonymity enjoyed on the threads or they are wary of what people might think if they are found out to have an interest in the paranormal! I dont know but we have asked recently for feedback but not one reply! Still want to do Wicklow Gaol. I know one of the people who had to back out had a genuine reason but where did all the others disappear to!
    For me it's bad experiences with the majority of people I've been involved with in the paranormal world that puts me off going to events these days, there are a hand full of people though that were doing it the right reasons, a genuine interest and a bit of crack, had a good few 'haunted' nights away where it was anything but about the paranormal with the exception of staying in a supposedly haunt location.

Getting slightly off topic, I would be interested in going to events like this one but like a few have already said, £50 is way to much before accommodation, and I'm not driving up and back in one day.

Ziycon wrote: »

Getting slightly off topic, I would be interested in going to events like this one but like a few have already said, £50 is way to much before accommodation, and I'm not driving up and back in one day.

Yeah , the locations are still charging full prices and have not reduced their nightly charges. €50 is a lot but venues have to reduce charges if they want bookings.

In the Wicklow Gaol investigation, as you are all aware, all of the €50 per head was going to the gaol.

As far as I am aware most organisers don't make anything on it. They organize it because they really enjoy paranormal investigations and are typically out of pocket because of it.

Thanks for the feedback Ziycon, it helps everyone organizing trips a lot ...

I know plenty of people with a healthy interest in the paranormal. they just never come here.
    I wont be paying 64 euro for a weekend pass before somewhere to stay. Shame though it would be good to go to something. From this forum and other groups it seems there are about 5 people interested in the paranormal left in Ireland.

I know plenty of people with a healthy interest in the paranormal. they just never come here.

Where do they go? Perhaps we can go there? I cant find any other discussion forums online.

Lets be honest, not too many people into the paranormal use this forum. its a bit limited and genuine discussion and research doesn't seem to be of interest to many here. In fact look at the poll - most people visiting here have never done either paranormal research or 'ghost hunting'. Im not saying thats a bad thing - it just shows that most Irish people who have an interest in the paranormal and act upon it dont visit this forum very much.
    Where do they go? Perhaps we can go there? I cant find any other discussion forums online.

I only come here for the arguments ...

Considering that the convention is on next year. How would one become involved in paranormal research in the mean time and meet the existing community if they dont want to post here? Honest to goodness genuine question.

• Advertisement

Considering that the convention is on next year. How would one become involved in paranormal research in the mean time and meet the existing community if they dont want to post here? Honest to goodness genuine question.

It appears to me from what I hear that the paranormal community should be working together and networking..... it is by getting out there that they will get 'new blood' and find people who are genuinely committed and interested... yes, boards.ie would be a good popular place to start...

I can go to my in-laws for that...

Theres this thing called Facebook. Its where all the Perry Normal kids hang out these days. Less people seem to post here every year.

theres the whole para unity thing going. Personally I think if researchers focused more on research and less on trying to have a 'we love everyone' community things would be much better.
    Not2Good wrote: »
    It appears to me from what I hear that the paranormal community should be working together and networking..... it is by getting out there that they will get 'new blood' and find people who are genuinely committed and interested... yes, boards.ie would be a good popular place to start...

theres the whole para unity thing going. Personally I think if researchers focused more on research and less on trying to have a 'we love everyone' community things would be much better.

I agree which is why I stay off paranormal groups on facebook.

same here.

Check this out btw. I sent them back some feedback about the site and done them a proper one. Should be live in a few days.
    I agree which is why I stay off paranormal groups on facebook.

plus dont forget, its not until September 2015, so a lot of the data will be going online between now and then

same here.

Check this out btw. I sent them back some feedback about the site and done them a proper one. Should be live in a few days.

That website looks a lot better, Thanks for the link ….

thats just the test site. it wont be live until i get the ftp data to upload the new version.

• Advertisement

new All Ireland Paracon site is now live

Advertisement