Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network unlock issue

Options
  • 30-09-2014 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got a Galaxy S5 on Vodafone and have the unlock code to sim unlock it for another networks sim. However when I try to enter it I get a message saying it's unsuccessful.

The code is correct, got it from two different sources.

Any ideas? My number is being ported at the moment so once that happens I'll be without a phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I take it your putting the sim from the other network in it then using the code as you have to do that I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It was because it was rooted with a custom rom. Back to stock now and it worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

It was because it was rooted with a custom rom. Back to stock now and it worked a treat.

Can't understand why that would happen on a rooted phone, or indeed custom ROM, they have no relationship to network unlocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I don't either unless there's something in the stock firmware that completes the puzzle.

Advertisement