Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Creations Pic Thread!

• 30-09-2014 7:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I wanted to start a thread where we all can share some of our creations in MineCraft.

There is already a pre-existing picture thread but it is for the Boards server, this is basically a free for all. Single player, multi player, server pics, anything really!

I hope this thread becomes a useful tool to display everyone's talents! :)

I'll start then so!

I have a server that I run with my friends on off since February 2012 and most of my proudest creations can be found on here.

Every image will be sent twice, one in the stock texture pack and the other in what I believe is the Mesa texture pack!

Main residential area, views of Aldi, Light house, Hot air baloons, ghost estate.
    9aWc1RK.png

zBGVY57.png

West Coasts Ghost Estate. (Daytime.)
    HlBjK7B.png

PvsGU0c.png

Night time.
    sMKYnYK.png

X1H2DqS.png

Montgomery Falls.
    JejpgFW.png

VuFhDuD.png

4wh1hQY.png

2pCNAd1.png

UE6DGS8.png

[Continues.]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Backyard.
    M8unz0N.png

AYRIr7M.png

Kitchen.
    o1HuZuh.png

BHDOknM.png

Sitting Room.
    nwQTYkI.png

w9aYE3M.png

Upstairs.
    9sqguFU.png

VQr3Ptp.png

I've loads more to share!

I spend way too much time on MineCraft haha.

-Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I finally got around to completing something I've been meaning to do for some time. Instead of something complex with fancy materials and textures, I wanted to see how it would look if I made something Big. Really Big.

Years ago I found a book on sale called S, M, L, XL, by Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas and his team at OMA. It's an overview of his designs up to the early 90s, with some additional essays on various topics, but one running theme is the influence of size as a factor in a building's impact, regardless of other design elements. He called this Bigness, as exemplified in the book's title and the order of the designs it covers. I'm not an architect, but this is where my interest in buildings really started, and I went on to study Structural Engineering at university.

Probably the Biggest building I have ever visited in person is La Grande Arche de la Défense, in Paris. It's not the largest, or the tallest, but it is the Biggest, by which I mean that its size alone is impressive. So I decided to try to replicate it in Minecraft from memory. The real building is a cube of approx. 110x110x110 metres: my Minecraft version is about 100x100x100 blocks. It's mostly Sandstone of various types, around 60,000 blocks of it. Set in a Creative Flat landscape, near a village:

324895.png
    324896.png
    324897.png
    324898.png
    324899.png

I may add more buildings around it ... or not. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

Great pics everyone! I'll post some of my creations soon.

Some Tiki huts I'm building, "TikiTrayem."

5wkm0aQ.png

The inside of an apartment I furnished.

vep9h2s.png

A view of the newly built Speed Boats! :)

TiTkuKT.png

I've much more so I may post 'em! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

Great buildings Alan, post more!

• Advertisement

eoin1539 wrote: »
    Great buildings Alan, post more!

Cheers,

Will do.

Advertisement