Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon Cant Change Channel

Options
  • 30-09-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have the horizon box and today I am unable to change channels.

Turned on the box everything seems ok, open the guide scroll down a few channels press ok, guide disappears but the channel does not change.

The front of the box still says tv guide and now the box is unresponsive.

I have turning it off and on at the switch at the box and repeated this 3 times.

Anyone else having this issue today? Or am i going loopy.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I am having the exact same issue this evening. Works fine for a few minutes after power cycling the box. It then stops working, requiring another restart. It will soon be power cycled out the window.. one of the worst pieces of hardware I have ever had the misfortune of using.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Splintian

I am assuming they pushed some sort of update to the box which has broken it

Most likely, I don't have the energy to reset the unit tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Since yesterday I get no sound when I switch the Horizon box on with the remote, I have to power down and up again from the rear switch to get audio. Same thing happened again this evening.

Can't seem to find the option to view the current s/w version, could someone remind me??

coylemj wrote: »
    Since yesterday I get no sound when I switch the Horizon box on with the remote, I have to power down and up again from the rear switch to get audio. Same thing happened again this evening.

Can't seem to find the option to view the current s/w version, could someone remind me??

I think you can see the version by logging into the web interface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Saw the exact same thing, looks like some buggy software update.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭PaulPriest

This resolved itself for me yesterday, assumed they pushed another update over the weekend.
    Pretty catastrophic that escaped QA...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ah cool I thought the box was dying. Their quality control leaves an awful lot to be desired alright.

Advertisement