Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on alarm installer please

Options
  • 30-09-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

It's a long time since my alarm has been serviced and I wasn't impressed with the last crowd that looked at it. The other day a card was dropped in the door from Beat The Burglar Security Systems (David Conroy). Has anyone ever heard of this guy and if so, would you recommend him? He is PSA licensed according to his card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

I don't know the guy from Adam, so I can't help you bit I did hear a great saying the other day that is, the bad trades people hunt you, you have to hunt the good tradesmen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭grip n rip

Dont ask that question here , most of the frequent posters are installers themselves & thus are very unlikely to actually give a competitor a good review . If the lad is psa licenced he's as qualified as anyone to maintain or repair your alarm system .
    The fact he's putting his card through doors might mean he's quiet so maybe he'd very much appreciate your call

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

Straylight wrote: »
    I wasn't impressed with the last crowd that looked at it. The other day a card was dropped in the door from Beat The Burglar Security Systems (David Conroy). Has anyone ever heard of this guy and if so, would you recommend him? He is PSA licensed according to his card.

My advice would be to shop around. Having a system installed by a company does not mean your tied to them, especially if your not happy with a service provided. Plenty of good service engineers out there to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

Thanks folks, I'll keep looking for some recommendations.

Advertisement