Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any ideas for a CHEAP laptop that will run BF3 on Low settings ok?

Options
  • 30-09-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

This is a battlefield related question so Im putting it here.

Have any of ye any ideas for a CHEAP laptop that will run BF3 on Low settings ok?

I dont care about graphics I just need to get a laptop for work and would like to be able to run BF on it but it has to be CHEAP. I like the look of Lenovos machines but whatever about looks.

If this has to be moved to another thread, fair enough but I want you guys opinions because ye are all sound. :)

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

My laptop is worth about €800 and in BF3 I got about 25-30 FPS on the lowest settings - in other words, not playable.

Laptops aren't meant for gaming at all, which is why, unless you spend about €1500-2000 on a gaming laptop with a dedicated graphics card (which cheap laptops won't have), you won't be able to game to any sort of level that has decent performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Agree with Maj its not a good idea to buy a cheap laptop for gaming.

Spend big or get an upgrade to a pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

My laptop is worth about €800 and in BF3 I got about 25-30 FPS on the lowest settings - in other words, not playable.

Laptops aren't meant for gaming at all, which is why, unless you spend about €1500-2000 on a gaming laptop with a dedicated graphics card (which cheap laptops won't have), you won't be able to game to any sort of level that has decent performance.

I've a 649e laptop that can run bf3 on low settings at 50-60 fps, will also run Arma 3, Dayz and Bf4 on low settings with framerates of 25-30 which is fine with me having been a console player all my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Thanks for coming back lads. Since I posted in the other thread I assumed that everyone knew I already had a gaming PC at home so sorry about that, I should have stated it. This laptop is for work on the move and some very light gaming would be nice to be able to do. I know my brother has a toshiba satellite that can run any game on med but its €850 and I was hoping for a tad cheaper.

So sherlock, can u give me a link to your make and model and preferably where u got it?

Thanks

Ian.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭i124Q

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00KCJAIMO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF#productDetails

Absolute beaut of a laptop and I've played BF no problem :D best of all only sets you back 500 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Only 3 months late. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭i124Q

While I have some people's attention. Anyone want to setup a BFBC2 clan to have a few games on PC. Im getting back into this game and I love it. Just hard to find people to play with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be fair, my last laptop was €499 and it ran BF4 at 720p medium settings at 40-50 fps.

It's true that you can spend up to 1K on a laptop that cannot play games at all depending on the configuration you go for, but it's easy to get a balanced laptop that will play modern games for around €500 (i3 with something like GT740 or GT840).

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

To be fair, my last laptop was €499 and it ran BF4 at 720p medium settings at 40-50 fps.

It's true that you can spend up to 1K on a laptop that cannot play games at all depending on the configuration you go for, but it's easy to get a balanced laptop that will play modern games for around €500 (i3 with something like GT740 or GT840).

Thanks guys. I was aware of those laptops that can play games on the cheap, but which one works best features/performance for its price?
    ;)

And thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The one linked to above is really good value for money. Full HD screen, i5 and GT840 graphics card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The one linked to above is really good value for money. Full HD screen, i5 and GT840 graphics card.

I agree.

Advertisement