Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**ENTRY FOR DUBLIN CITY MARATHON CLOSED TODAY AT 5PM**

Options
  • 30-09-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

Cue a stream of threads at 5.01pm tomorrow looking for entries! Please, if you wish to enter DCM, do it by tomorrow. Entry swaps/sales will not be allowed on this forum. Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Anyone got a discount code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Anyone got a discount code?

PAYLIKEEVERYONEELSE14 should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

tang1 wrote: »

Ha ha brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Just saw the discount code box, thought there was a code someone might know of :/

Nice reply thou :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Just like the crimbo shopping I always seem to leave it to hour zero.......Better get the pink roller skates on so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

tang1 wrote: »

Reply of the year.

I probably should enter at some stage though. Don't want to curse myself by entering too early :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Think they have been following these threads for the past years:

Updates hourly today - you've been warned!!!

10658536_10152797609808185_75196565296976637_o.jpg

That's TODAY

1st October

TODAY

at

5pm

17:00

Dublin time not Paris or Moscow or Hong-Kong or Boston

Dublin Time. Today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

43 minutes to prepare your sarcastic replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

RayCun wrote: »
    43 minutes to prepare your sarcastic replies!

Who'll be first??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

AKW wrote: »
    Who'll be first??

Any entries going?

Just decided to do the marathon 1 min ago, been playing football the last hour so I am relatively fit so that won't be an issue,

also what training should I be doing between now and then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Number swap anyone? €300 for my number and an additional €200 for me to collect the bib. I will also need overnight accommodation and breakfast in bed served on a golden platter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

ecoli wrote: »
    Any entries going?

Just decided to do the marathon 1 min ago, been playing football the last hour so I am relatively fit so that won't be an issue,

also what training should I be doing between now and then?

SToRY BUD...

UL GIT A NTRY NO PRBS N DA DAY..,..DERS PLNTY oF SCaLPERS HNGIN RND N MeRRIION L7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

SToRY BUD...

UL GIT A NTRY NO PRBS N DA DAY..,..DERS PLNTY oF SCaLPERS HNGIN RND N MeRRIION L7

Your not getting out of the marathon that easy man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

SToRY BUD...

Ultraman, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Word on the street has it that there tends to be some sort of sh1tshow of a pissup immediately after the race, in some pub in close proximity to the finish line, involving people who frequent these forums. Can somebody confirm or deny these rumours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Word on the street has it that there tends to be some sort of sh1tshow of a pissup immediately after the race, in some pub in close proximity to the finish line, involving people who frequent these forums. Can somebody confirm or deny these rumours?

That's right; in McGrattans. Will you be joining us?

menoscemo wrote: »
    That's right; in McGrattans. Will you be joining us?

Absolutely. A few pints of the best stuff, without having to go through 42 kilometres of agony to get to them. Sounds perfect to me. :)

Absolutely. A few pints of the best stuff, without having to go through 42 kilometres of agony to get to them. Sounds perfect to me. :)

Ha ha me too. You not worried about being in very close proximity to 50 sweaty boardsies in an unventilated room?
    Now that will be a challenge!

Ososlo wrote: »
    Ha ha me too. You not worried about being in very close proximity to 50 sweaty boardsies in an unventilated room?

Surely people would whack on a bit of deodorant no?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Ososlo wrote: »

It's the smell of raw power and victory!

• Advertisement

Deodorant mixed in with the sweat! Might be even worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

They say on facebook that there are still charity entries available for 200 euro. Contact the marathon office I presume.

For the people out there who have been training for ages but forgot to enter...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I'm heading home for a shower first ! Thoughts of pints without a wash don't sit well with me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Burgman

RayCun wrote: »
    They say on facebook that there are still charity entries available for 200 euro. Contact the marathon office I presume.

For the people out there who have been training for ages but forgot to enter...

My understanding is that they usually accept entries at registration for a large amount, presumably the €200 you refer to. I have also heard that the full amount of such entry fees is then split between the designated charities for the year.

And apparently they get a good few takers every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Burgman wrote: »
    My understanding is that they usually accept entries at registration for a large amount, presumably the €200 you refer to. I have also heard that the full amount of such entry fees is then split between the designated charities for the year.

And apparently they get a good few takers every year.

Those charity entries @ €200 might close at any time. Certainly unlikely to be available on Marathon weekend.

Advertisement