Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Routes - Dublin

Options
  • 30-09-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

hey,

Thought I would start a thread where people could share their favourite routes around Dublin. I'm getting a bit bored of my current "set" so would be all ears if there is something I was missing!

My frequently visited routes are:
    • Sandymount/South Wall lighthouse
    • Dun laoighaire piers/Killiney Hill
    • Phoenix Park (Although I don't get as excited by it as others)
    • Clontarf Coast Road
    • UCD "forest" trail

I have actually realised (via Strava's heatmap) that I follow bodies of water quite a lot. Up and down the Liffey/Canals/Coast Roads are very popular!

I know that Strava do the heatmap but there is so much red that I find it not very useful for inspiration...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Good idea OP:

Routes that I find enjoyable would include:
    • UCD 'Forest' Trail
    • Marley Park
    • Along by the Dodder
    • The Grand Canal (but not at busy times - made the mistake last week of trying this at lunch time and spent half my time trying to cross roads)

Advertisement