Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oil tank. Level, lock and alarm

Options
  • 30-09-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,
    I m looking to get a lock for the oil tank and most important a sensor that will tell me when the level is low or when a big/unusual amount of oil is taken. aournd my garden I ve neighboor's garden, not main or side roads

so far I ve looked at

WatchmanAlarm
    WatchmanSonic
    Apollo smart

Can you guys help with it?.. it s my first time to get an oil Tank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

turniton wrote: »
    Hi,
    I m looking to get a lock for the oil tank and most important a sensor that will tell me when the level is low or when a big/unusual amount of oil is taken. aournd my garden I ve neighboor's garden, not main or side roads

so far I ve looked at

WatchmanAlarm
    WatchmanSonic
    Apollo smart

Can you guys help with it?.. it s my first time to get an oil Tank

They all basically measure the level of the oil and generate an alarm condition at a rapid decrease of the fuel level.
    I would also have a look at the oil guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

I ve seen the oil guard but it seem to be more commercial.. def more expensive compare to the other 2.. does it offer more sefety or information/services?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

turniton wrote: »
    I ve seen the oil guard but it seem to be more commercial.. def more expensive compare to the other 2.. does it offer more sefety or information/services?

I have not used the other types to compare them against.
    It is for an oil tank so commercial or domestic applications should have no bearing on its use.

Advertisement