Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 70 - Change external bell tone?

Options
  • 29-09-2014 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Very strange question, so sorry for that.

HKC 70, default install with 1 external siren, no separate internal siren though but that's normal. The panel is used as the internal siren.

Both the panel and the external siren make more or less the same sound when they're going off -my question is, can the sounder of the external siren be changed?

Also, if I get a fire/smoke detector (they cost like €100!), does the external bell react differently to a fire/smoke activation?

Basically, all alarms sound the same (more or less!), a different alarm might induce someone to notice who may not normally!

Making sense?

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭altor

jleavy046 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Very strange question, so sorry for that.

HKC 70, default install with 1 external siren, no separate internal siren though but that's normal. The panel is used as the internal siren.

Both the panel and the external siren make more or less the same sound when they're going off -my question is, can the sounder of the external siren be changed?

Also, if I get a fire/smoke detector (they cost like €100!), does the external bell react differently to a fire/smoke activation?

Basically, all alarms sound the same (more or less!), a different alarm might induce someone to notice who may not normally!

Making sense?

Joe

Hi Joe,

I take it you have a Quantum 70 installed with a built in internal bell.
    You can have a wired internal bell from the control panel or add a wire free internal bell. The sound the system makes when it goes off can not be changed but it the volume can be lowered if thats what your looking to do.
    With regards smoke alarms, they do act differently. It activates then turns off, the activates again. It is so you can tell if it is a fire alarm activating as opposed to just an alarm activation for the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

altor wrote: »
    Hi Joe,

I take it you have a Quantum 70 installed with a built in internal bell.
    You can have a wired internal bell from the control panel or add a wire free internal bell. The sound the system makes when it goes off can not be changed but it the volume can be lowered if thats what your looking to do.
    With regards smoke alarms, they do act differently. It activates then turns off, the activates again. It is so you can tell if it is a fire alarm activating as opposed to just an alarm activation for the outside.

Correct, quantum 70 just over 1yr old.
    Thought there might be dip switch settings on the external bell for different tones_ oh well.

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭altor

jleavy046 wrote: »
    Correct, quantum 70 just over 1yr old.
    Thought there might be dip switch settings on the external bell for different tones_ oh well.

Joe

Afraid not Joe.

Advertisement