Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Laptop storage.

Options
  • 29-09-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hey everyone, so here's the story i recently baught an SSD corsair force lx 128gb to put into my laptop which has two HDD bays one of which was free before hand. So before hand the one HDD was used as Boot and storage and the idea was to move the OS to the SSD and have a small amount of space maybe for most used programs. The issue here is the HDD is a 500gb and is split to 4 partitions BOOT,RECOVERY aswell as a 1gb for oem and another 100mb for whatever else.

i have removed as much as possible from the HDD (pictures, music..) to reduce the overall used space on the HDD down to 116gb. I have tried to clone the drive over but i think it being a 500gb drive it tries to copy the unused space as well. I was using Todo Backup to do this.

can anybody help me please the sooner the better i dont really have the option of a new install to the SSD. Im sure their has to be some way of doing what i need to do.

thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement