Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Documentation before or after theory test?

Options
  • 29-09-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Not sure if it's the right place to post this but I will take my chance. I have booked online for the theory test and now comes the part where I am in the dark. Do I need to bring the medical report such as the eyesight report before or after I pass the theory exam? Also the NDLS "Application Form for a Learner Permit D201" should be completed when I get to the NDSL centre or should I send it through post office? I have read the website carefully but maybe I missed something. Help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You need to do theory test first off. Book online on theorytest.ie
    You need basically an approved photo id on the day and make sure you get the name exactly right on the booking versus your ID.
    Be sure you know the theory.
    You then take the test.

Once you have that passed, you can go about getting your learner permit.
    You will need eyesight report signed by doctor.

You should fill out the permit application form and take it into the NDLS centre. You will need various documents at that stage:
    Copy of theory test pass
    Eyesight report
    Completed NDLS application form
    Proof of ID
    Proof of PPS
    Proof of address
    and fee.

They look after the photos now in the centre so that is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You don't bring your medical and/or eyesight reports to the Theory Test centre at all, you just need two passport-quality photographs and an acceptable ID. You bring your medical/eyesight reports and a completed Leaner Permit Application Form to the NDLS centre with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Colin G.

mickdw wrote: »
    You need to do theory test first off. Book online on theorytest.ie
    You need basically an approved photo id on the day and make sure you get the name exactly right on the booking versus your ID.
    Be sure you know the theory.
    You then take the test.

Once you have that passed, you can go about getting your learner permit.
    You will need eyesight report signed by doctor.

You should fill out the permit application form and take it into the NDLS centre. You will need various documents at that stage:
    Copy of theory test pass
    Eyesight report
    Completed NDLS application form
    Proof of ID
    Proof of PPS
    Proof of address
    and fee.

They look after the photos now in the centre so that is handy.

I booked already from ndls.ie website. Is it not the same thing?

What exactly did you book?
    Perhaps they have a link to the theory test booking page but they certainly don't handle Bookings for theory test.

mickdw wrote: »
    What exactly did you book?
    Perhaps they have a link to the theory test booking page but they certainly don't handle Bookings for theory test.

booking.ndls.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Colin G. wrote: »
    booking.ndls.ie

I think that you have things a bit mixed up. That link is to book an appointment at an NDLS centre. That is where you go to apply for your license/learner permit, after you have passed your theory test. The NDLS centres don't carry out the theory tests. They are done at separate locations.

You apply for the theory test here.

http://www.theorytest.ie/

Once you have passed your theory test, you bring your pass certificate (along with the eyesight report, doctors report, fee etc) with you to the NDLS center & you apply for your leaner permit. Fill out the application form when you get to the NDLS centre. There is no point in posting it in. You have to apply for learner permits in person these days. You can't do it by post.

Colin G. wrote: »
    booking.ndls.ie

Thats just an appointment to call in with you completed licence application form.
    You need to get your theory test and your eyesight report done before you go near the ndls people.

See theorytest.ie

Well I knew something was wrong. Thanks so much for the help guys.

Advertisement