Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sony BT3900 external mic

Options
  • 29-09-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the above Sony stereo fitted an hour external Mic to the Mic Jack on the back but it's not working, tried a second Mic and had same issue, I have it about a year now,

I'm presuming this should work with any Mic?

Anyone know what my options are.. Would Sony change this for me? Or is there anything to try troubleshoot the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Manual says you need one of these.
    Says unit may malfunction if another device is connected. Connector looks standard enough.
    http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4199772111.pdf
    xamc10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Whats wrong with the built in Mic? I have a sony BT Headunit for 6 years and never felt the need for an external mic as it performs flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Same here actually, and mine was mounted low in the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Forgot about this post thanks for the reply, Ill try finding one of those. No one can hear me on the built in mic, I make 10-15 calls a day while driving a van so its quite noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Etnies wrote: »
    Forgot about this post thanks for the reply, Ill try finding one of those. No one can hear me on the built in mic, I make 10-15 calls a day while driving a van so its quite noisy.

On my sony BT unit there are echo cancelling and noise cancelling settings you can tweak in the bluetooth menu, these can make a massive different to the sound quality of the built in mic. the difference between being inaudible and being perfectly clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

tossy wrote: »
    On my sony BT unit there are echo cancelling and noise cancelling settings you can tweak in the bluetooth menu, these can make a massive different to the sound quality of the built in mic. the difference between being inaudible and being perfectly clear.

Yeah I've tried all them settings not made it perfectly clear, I'm using an external Bluetooth speaker now which actually works quite well but want to be able to use the stereo. Have the Mic ordered so will see does this work.

Advertisement