Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fertility Clinics

Options
  • 29-09-2014 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi

I've just posted on one of the pregnancy forums, I think there is a very good chance I'm pregnant but I'm too afraid to test for a few days yet. I have an odd story and hope ye can give me some advice...Myself and my husband have been married almost 18 years, we have an almost 21 year old daughter and a completely unplanned surprise 9 week old son. My husband has always been the one in control and he never wanted another child after we had our daughter very young (I was only 18). I did want more children but like a fool agreed with him to keep the peace. Our son was a surprise and since he was born things have deteriorated further between my husband and myself but we have dtd a few times and I am hoping that I'm pregnant again.

I know some might consider me crazy wishing to be pregnant again in such circumstances but I have realised since I had my son that I absolutely love being a mommy, and I want one more. I will not be staying with my husband as he has been abusive towards me and although I would love to have time to deal with what has happened between us before making the huge decision to embark on fertility treatment alone, I feel that at my age it is time to consider fertility treatment with a donor asap even though I know absolutely nothing about it...and am relying on all of you ladies and gentlemen to advise me....tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 crimsonsunset

Haha with all of my chit chat I forgot my question....I was wondering if there is a 'best' fertility clinic and I'm looking for recommendations particularly from anyone who has gone through it on their own?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

As far as I know, if you are in a relationship, then they require consent from both parties for treatment. So you'd likely either need your husbands consent, or prove that you are legally unmarried. See here.

A child born to a married woman is presumed to be the husbands under law and maintenance /inheritance rights come into play so it stands to reason that a clinic may need consent of some sort.

The best thing to do is to ring up a clinic and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deemi

After 3 failed IUI's and at age 46 i have had to quickly come around to the idea of hopefully having a baby by donor egg & donor sperm (i dont have a partner/husband).
    Rather than paying more for a fertility clinic to match donor sperm & donor egg characteristics to me....some clinics in spain provide a much cheaper option of 'donor embryo' where there is no matching of donor characteristics (hair, eyes, height etc)..to me.....race only is matched. So i would know the 'race' of my baby but wouldnt know of donors hair or eye colour or height or weight. Has anyone gone down this route?

Advertisement