Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym

Options
  • 29-09-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

Are lockers available? Do you have to pay for them?
    What are the changing/showering facilities like?
    Is it noob friendly? :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭manyoung

thelad95 wrote: »
    Are lockers available? Do you have to pay for them?
    What are the changing/showering facilities like?
    Is it noob friendly? :P

Im only in 1st year, so I may have this wrong. AFAIK, the lockers cost about 10 or 15 but you get a wristband for it. I may have that wrong!

As for the changing and showering, Im not sure.

As a scrawny guy, I peeked into the weights room and there were four really built guys there. I think of them smiled when they saw the build of me!

I wouldnt worry about looking like a noob, the only way you can learn is by asking. You can help next years noobs so!

Sorry if the info isnt great but good luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I paid a levy for that sports centre before it was built. Never even got to see it.

Ye better feckin' use it! And ye feckin' better look like feckin' Rambo McSchwarzenegger by the time ye feckin' graduate!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

manyoung wrote: »
    Im only in 1st year, so I may have this wrong. AFAIK, the lockers cost about 10 or 15 but you get a wristband for it. I may have that wrong!

As for the changing and showering, Im not sure.

As a scrawny guy, I peeked into the weights room and there were four really built guys there. I think of them smiled when they saw the build of me!

I wouldnt worry about looking like a noob, the only way you can learn is by asking. You can help next years noobs so!

Sorry if the info isnt great but good luck anyway.

I presume you pay that much to have a locker for the whole year...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

thelad95 wrote: »
    I presume you pay that much to have a locker for the whole year...

Two different sets of lockers that he's talking about. There's the student lockers that cost that much but they're in other parts of campus. There are lockers in the gym and they are the ones with the wristbands. I think they may have a time limit on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 daveyboy123

What's the best time to use the gym in the evening? 9-10 maybe? Anytime I've gone in there at 7 or 8, it's been hell. And so many idiots taking up space!

• Advertisement
Advertisement