Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job in Guildford - Tight Budget

Options
  • 28-09-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have a job offer in Guildford and I am wondering would anyone here recommend places to look for house shares.

I am unfamilar with the public transport outside of Guildford itself, so my flat/room hunt has only been inside the town itself.

I have gotten a small number of places in budget, which would be 500 pcm incl. bills (if possible). I only have a part time job there, but it is a job whichi would really help me so I will have to work around the financial issue.

This is a pretty open ended post, so I would appreciate any advice about anything =)

All the best!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Are you moving from Ireland?

I'd use spareroom and Gumtree to find houseshares. Also, you can try posting room wanted ads on both with your budget.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

Thanks for the reply. I am moving from Ireland.

I have been using Spareroom for this. I had good experience of it when I was living in the North of England but there is not a whole lot there at the moment, at least not in my current budget.

I will check Gumtree now.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

unlucky, you just missed a decent room in my gaff! spareroom is your best bet, keep plugging away, take something short-term if you have to, until you find somewhere you really like, gumtree is useless for this area, no one uses it except scammers

Advertisement