Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Philippines; What accessories to buy; Would everything fit?

Options
  • 28-09-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

I will be buying an M4 either before or after my holidays in the Philippines but I will definitely be buying my M4 here in Ireland. I'm just wondering, what accessories should I buy and would they all fit into the gun that I will be buying or are there potential compatibility issues?

Thanks a lot guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

What do you want to accessorise....the look, the feel, the internals?

Would say the M4 platform has the most upgrades available and standards would be the same.

RIS/RAS for sights, grips.
    Magazines.

A gun make/model and ideas for what you want to do would assist in providing a specific reply. :-)

Personal opinion - buy a decent base gun with a spare battery, magazine and a red/green dot sight, should get you into the gaming gently. ;-)

Cheers,

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Adzski wrote: »
    What do you want to accessorise....the look, the feel, the internals?

Would say the M4 platform has the most upgrades available and standards would be the same.

RIS/RAS for sights, grips.
    Magazines.

A gun make/model and ideas for what you want to do would assist in providing a specific reply. :-)

Personal opinion - buy a decent base gun with a spare battery, magazine and a red/green dot sight, should get you into the gaming gently. ;-)

Cheers,

Adam

I am currently looking at this one as suggested from another thread:

http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_39&product_id=634

Not really looking to upgrade internals. I am looking at getting stuff like scopes, 'rails', spare this;spare that, grip, etc. My problem is that I don't know what is available and the quotes are there for the rails as I am not entirely sure about them(how they are fit, compatibility, exact purpose, etc).

So basically I'm kind of looking for a crash course on pretty much all additional 'accessories'. Thanks a lot for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I am currently looking at this one as suggested from another thread:

http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_39&product_id=634

Not really looking to upgrade internals. I am looking at getting stuff like scopes, 'rails', spare this;spare that, grip, etc. My problem is that I don't know what is available and the quotes are there for the rails as I am not entirely sure about them(how they are fit, compatibility, exact purpose, etc).

So basically I'm kind of looking for a crash course on pretty much all additional 'accessories'. Thanks a lot for your help :)

Basically if it was me buying .

I'd start with a red dot scope for rapid targeting .

A foregrip for the lower hand rail .

and a decent sling .

I'd consider a mock suppressor too

Gatling wrote: »
    Basically if it was me buying .

I'd start with a red dot scope for rapid targeting .

A foregrip for the lower hand rail .

and a decent sling .

I'd consider a mock suppressor too

Cool that's great. Would definitely get those.

I hope you don't mind but could you please explain to me how 'rails' work? I'm not sure if I'm right about how it works. Do all guns have rails? Because I saw some 'rails' for sale on an airsoft website and that confused me a little bit. Also regarding scope, does that replace the normal sight thing or does it clip onto that?

I really don't know anything sorry :o

Also regarding compatibility, can I buy any brand for 'M4' or do I have to find specific items for the specific brand of M4?

Here's a few examples of accessories you can add .
    Essentially they all bolt on to the rails usually using one of more bolt , one side will have a section that expands to allow you to fit you accessory of choice then you just tighten the bolt and it stays secure.

You will find some accessories fit better than other as you're going to find slight variables in tolerances in the manufacturing of the guns and the various bolt on's

• Advertisement

Here's a few examples of accessories you can add .
    Essentially they all bolt on to the rails usually using one of more bolt , one side will have a section that expands to allow you to fit you accessory of choice then you just tighten the bolt and it stays secure.

You will find some accessories fit better than other as you're going to find alight variables in tolerances in the manufacturing of the guns and the various bolt on's

Oh okay. I understand it now I think. Rails are built into the guns and you put things onto them. Okay great. Thank you.

I've contacted a shop in the Philippines regarding accessories and I specifically quoted the G&G Armament CM16 and he showed me a few pics that he said will fit as the fitting measurements are all the same.

One more picture

Are they any good? And is he right in saying that they are all the same fitting measurements?

One more picture

Are they any good? And is he right in saying that they are all the same fitting measurements?

You're going to need a mount for it to attach to your rail ,

There are always variances in manufacturing both the guns and accessories

It can be slight to pretty obvious,

You're going to need a mount for it to attach to your rail ,

There are always variances in manufacturing both the guns and accessories

It can be slight to pretty obvious,

So it's basically a risk unless I buy brand specific accessory, right? That could be a risk I'm willing to take considering prices.

Thanks a lot for your help guys. :)

Additional suggestions are still appreciated if there are anymore. Thanks a lot :)

So it's basically a risk unless I buy brand specific accessory, right? That could be a risk I'm willing to take considering prices.

Not really a risk.

I'll give you an example I have a grip pod ( a hand grip with a built in bipod )

On my 2 M4's it wobbles pretty bad .

Put it on my 3 G36s it wobbles less

Put it on my SIG 551 it fits perfectly with no wobbles what so ever .

• Advertisement
Advertisement