Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Lightening storm

Options
  • 28-09-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

I know that there is a sub section for photos but feel this warrants it's own thread as I feel I'll get a better answer on here. But if it needs moving feel free mods.

While out in the Murica region of Spain last week we encountered 2 fantastic lightening storms. What was very surreal for me was the fact that the first night there was no thunder to be heard from the storm I was watching at all and it lasted a good 2.5 hours? I could hear distant thunder from surrounding storms
    but they were a long ways away from me.

Anyone know why?

I Thought I'd add in 2 videos I've uploaded of the storms as they really were immense. I'm sure you guys will appreciate them. First one is 1.50 in length and is as recorded (not edited) counted 33 bolts or forks in the video! I also added in the music as all you could hear was me wetting myself with excitement :o

Second video is a fairly poor slowmo compilation video of some of the better forks I recorded. Just a few good looking bolts in the latter part of the video, the clicking you hear is my camera shutter.

Last but not least a once in a lifetime photo I feel taken on the second night.

10658798_10204359891853202_5455625266672810020_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

My Dad saw it too , was jealous looking at the satellite as the storm was right over them for hours !

You didnt hear the thunder as they were high based and too far away for the sound to reach down to you.

Great videos though ! , will post my dad's footage whenever he gets home too...

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Iancar29 wrote: »
    My Dad saw it too , was jealous looking at the satellite as the storm was right over them for hours !

You didnt hear the thunder as they were high based and too far away for the sound to reach down to you.

Great videos though ! , will post my dad's footage whenever he gets home too...

Cheers IanCar29 everyday is a school day😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

My Dad just rang me... this is over them right now...

323655.png

Advertisement