Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aula Maxima

Options
  • 28-09-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

So one of my lectures has been moved to Aula Maxima. What's this like comfort wise? I thought it was only used for graduations...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

When I started 10 years ago it was (apparently) condemned. Until the John Hume building opened they were relying on a stable rate of absenteeism to meet fire regulations. Also there may be a scary ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Ostrom wrote: »
    When I started 10 years ago it was (apparently) condemned. Until the John Hume building opened they were relying on a stable rate of absenteeism to meet fire regulations. Also there may be a scary ghost.

Well that's good news because this lecture has about 300 students in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭plumpote

Bring a jumper. Or two.

The Aula is FREEZING

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

6 years ago I had lectures there, it is kinda dark, atheist students may be subject to spontaneous combustion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It's a double lecture as well running from 4-6. This is going to be fun during the winter...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It vamps between condemned, not condemned, and "only-condemned-in-these-areas-like-this-chandelier-don't-stand-under-that" depending on demand for space.

Comfort wise, eh, it's basically like being outside. Just prepare as if you were going to have a lecture outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Dickie10

there is a ghost there too espically during late november for some reason, see if u can spot it during lecture! oh if ure on your own in the jacks don't look in the mirror either........

Advertisement