Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new hearing aids 'cutting out'

Options
  • 27-09-2014 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I got new hearing aids and have found, when I'm on the bus or on a long journey in the car, that my aids seem to switch 'down' i.e. the background noise dumbs down but the aids are not completely switched off. It also happens when something very loud like a truck's air brakes go on. My supplier is having difficulty in understanding what I mean and I was wondering does anyone else have this experience. There is a programme on it for cutting down background noise if using the phone but I don't use it at all as I can't use the phone. However, my supplier has said that the 'switching' in that case would be unnoticeable. I feel it might be a fault but need to be more specific in explaining what happens. If someone else has this experience I would appreciate your response. I'm away for a week on hols tomorrow so I won't be online until I come back. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I do know what you mean. One of the programmes my hearing aid uses does this, and it can be quite helpful in pubs, as it nullifies background noise to a hum. It does, however, do it all the time.

Another program that I have lets all the sound in, which I'd use when listening to music, or in an office where I can't not hear people not near me, if that makes sense. May I ask who your supplier is? You can PM me if you like, on the off chance it's the same company that I use.

Advertisement