Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One M7 Camera Pink Tint

Options
  • 27-09-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

I know there was a big issue with the camera on the M7 having a strong pink/blue/purple tint from the camera in low light.

Has anyone here had any success from HTC with getting it repaired free?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've only noticing mine beginning to show it. Its a pre-release model that I have and I never noticed it before I did the most recent update. It's actually really annoying me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ive had mine since last July, noticed it after about 4months, camera is totally unuseable when its any bit dark and wont focus properly during daytime.
    I was planning on getting a new phone but it seems some people in the UK have had upgraded camera firmware installed for free, gonna ring HTC ireland Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I had a HTC camera failure a while back, they sent a courier to pick it up and repaired it under warranty. Give them a a call for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I had a HTC camera failure a while back, they sent a courier to pick it up and repaired it under warranty. Give them a a call for sure.

Same. Took a few weeks to come back repaired (service centres in Ireland are not qualified for camera repair so it has to go to the UK), but it's been perfect ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Seems the warranty is only 1 year so Id have to pay for the repair which Im not gonna do as it doesnt bother me that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Seems the warranty is only 1 year so Id have to pay for the repair which Im not gonna do as it doesnt bother me that much

Who said that, HTC or the retailer?

Pretty sure the EU legislation says it should have a 2 year warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Anyone got an example of the "pink hue" I never noticed it before but since reading this i think i can see it in my photos but i could just be paranoid....

Also, i'm pretty sure the manufacturers warranty is 2 years as per EU legislation...

I recorded a video of mine before I sent it away, for evidence! There's a link to youtube below showing the issues that I had....

http://youtu.be/B9ais-q9eg0

Advertisement