Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Sep 27th

Options
  • 27-09-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Going to chance Educate in the Cambridgeshire to repeat last years win. He has been running in mostly Group/ Listed contests all season with little success but he's surely worth a bet at 22/1 now that he is back in a handicap, although he does have top weight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,497 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Where's Rossom for the write-up?

I'm on Educate as well, 22/1 a monster price for a horse who looks well in and should be there or thereabouts come the line. If it wins, then surely it becomes a forum legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

Scooby Doo were are you? Sorry I meant Rossom the bookie killer, have to back Educate also

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

heads up for anyone who's betting on the cambridgshire
    hills going 7 places 1/4 odds

looking forward to seeing how goodbye dancer gets on in the first at mr
    pipes will need to be very good to beat this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Backed Vasco des Bieffes at Navan 3.30 stepped up in trip at 16/1 bit of money around for him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Newmarket 14:35 - Outright Betting Lord Ben Stack Lucky31 7/1
    Market Rasen 14:50 - Outright Betting Dursey Sound 8/1
    Newmarket 15:10 - Outright Betting Anthem Alexander 4/1
    Newmarket 15:50 - Outright Betting Gabrial's Kaka 20/1
    Market Rasen 13:45 - Outright Betting Vosne Romanee 7/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

High Celebrity to lower the colours of Tiggy Wiggy for me today

Tiggy on the go a while and is better over 5f, think the Fabre filly will stay better late on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Have backed Gabriel's Kaka @ 28/1 in the big one. Has showed promise in recent runs, 9f should suit and Smullen a very good man to have onboard in such a race.

Also like Attaglance at Market Rason. 2/2 over C&D, very unlucky at Cheltenham last season, mark was protected after, should be better for distance and flat track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Was going to back QUICK WIT all day but I've had lots to drink so hearts taken over and I've backed EDUCATE instead.

She's a nice filly, cost 500 pounds the winner of the first at Newmarket

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I expected Tiggy Wiggy to be odds on for the Cheveley Park as her Lowther form is rock solid. Looks value at any odds against.

• Advertisement

I expected Tiggy Wiggy to be odds on for the Cheveley Park as her Lowther form is rock solid. Looks value at any odds against.

Firm ground today would be the reason I'm guessing. Both times she's lost had it in description.

Cant turn down 6/4 on tiggy

wow! great performance tiggy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Get in there! 6/4 a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

cracking performance, little pocket rocket, must head to france

She's definitely heading to France. You'd have to wonder what other jockeys were thinking giving such an explosive front runner an easy lead though

Where's Rossom for the write-up?

I'm on Educate as well, 22/1 a monster price for a horse who looks well in and should be there or thereabouts come the line. If it wins, then surely it becomes a forum legend!

Not being smart Francie but why would you say he is well in? Rating of 110 he'd be not far off gr.1 standard if he was well in, and the gelding has never won a stakes race

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

As much as I love Educate, he seems to have soured a little. Think they ran him too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭droidman123

BumperD wrote: »
    As much as I love Educate, he seems to have soured a little. Think they ran him too often.

I dont think he has soured or that they ran him too often, i just think as i said before,the horse is not as good as he was made out to be,simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I dont think he has soured or that they ran him too often, i just think as i said before,the horse is not as good as he was made out to be,simple.

Ran 20 times , 6 wins, rated 110. Not a bad horse? Some were touting as group class when he was younger but he didn't make it despite hitting the cross bar. So be it. It happens. Still think they campaigned him too much last year, & should have given him fewer races & a bigger break during the 13/14 winter instead of dragging him off to Meydan. I had some cracking days out on foot of his exploits, the highlight of which was last years Cambridgeshire when some gave him zero chance. Hats off to Rossom - always kept him on the boards radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭droidman123

BumperD wrote: »
    Ran 20 times , 6 wins, rated 110. Not a bad horse? Some were touting as group class when he was younger but he didn't make it despite hitting the cross bar. So be it. It happens. Still think they campaigned him too much last year, & should have given him fewer races & a bigger break during the 13/14 winter instead of dragging him off to Meydan. I had some cracking days out on foot of his exploits, the highlight of which was last years Cambridgeshire when some gave him zero chance. Hats off to Rossom - always kept him on the boards radar.

People will always remember when a horse wins rather when it loses.i never said it was a bad horse,in fact my exact opinion was that it "is a decent handicapper at best". Theres lots of horses just like him around,but they dont clog up to threads everytime they run,just my humble opinion.

Advertisement