Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quitting my job

Options
  • 27-09-2014 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I'm thinking about giving up my job. Working in a bar and waitress. Been having a lot of trouble with my back. Been looking for other types of work. Clothes shops. Office work etc. If I quit then I think it's 9 weeks Iv to wait before claiming. Iv no stamps as my husband was out of work and then on job bridge so I wasn't paying tax. Now working. I would hoe that before the 9 weeks are up that I would have found a new job but I just wanted to know is Dr a way around the 9 weeks thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Your tax has nothing to do with your stamps. If you were legit and getting payslips, PRSI would have been deducted, and your employer would have been paying Employer PRSI for you. You may have enough stamps to claim Jobseekers Benefit.

You can get an exemption for 9 weeks if you can claim good cause for leaving. There may be a problem if you claim back issues, as you may have to prove you are fit for other work.

Advertisement