Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman Lanzarote 2015

Options
  • 26-09-2014 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Just signed up for this one last night in aid of Crumlin Children's Hospital, first Ironman for me...anyone else on boards doing it or have any tips re accomodation in Puerto del Carmen and how to actually survive this Ironman!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mr jack

Good man James,

Yea I'm in the same boat as you, first IM, and it'll be a real bruiser. If you're on fb look 'Ironman Lanza 2015 for The Craic', you'll see a lot of the Irish peeps who are geading over on there.

Accomm. - I haven't done anything yet, my wife has taken over that side of things but it's fairly plentifuul and cheap enough as well.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jamescantwell

nice one, are you following a specific plan?? iv got a nice appartment bout 5mins away from start so happy out, v cheap over there..il check out FB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Yikes. I think I'd have picked an easier one for my first.

Great charity to support.

Good Luck

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Yikes. I think I'd have picked an easier one for my first.

Great charity to support.

Good Luck

haha yea crazy one to do for first one but unfortunately its the only one that actually suits in 2015! training starts in 4 weeks
    sound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You should set up a training log. It would be interesting to see your progress.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 iron tri

hi lads good luck in lanza its a fantastic race very tuff and will defo test ye...if ye can stay in PdC near transition you are better off very handy for race day..and wed,thur fri morning u can go across the road to the beach and swim the course..from 7.00 the beach is packed with athletes great buzz...

iron tri wrote: »
    hi lads good luck in lanza its a fantastic race very tuff and will defo test ye...if ye can stay in PdC near transition you are better off very handy for race day..and wed,thur fri morning u can go across the road to the beach and swim the course..from 7.00 the beach is packed with athletes great buzz...

Thanks a mill, got an apartment in p del C. right beside start line so happy out..1st day of training plan started today..meant to be a rest day which coincided with the Dublin marathon!!....giving running a break now for 3 weeks..thanks again

Advertisement